The Sitcom Project Page 6

Another idea I thought of last night.

About a doorman (or could be two doorman or doorwoman) at a huge hotel complex, interacting with the various inhabitants of the hotel, some regulars, some one offs.

Max and Paddy?

Hmm no not really, not how I'm imagining it anyway. Max and Paddy where more like security and went around the country in a campervan.

I was thinking doormen who actually stand in the hotel lobby and open doors for people and take their bags. That kind of thing.

An idea like that could be implemented into another idea we choose.

A hotel you say? That idea sounds a bit Fawlty, lol.

....Under this rationale everythings been done I wouldnt worry about it if we're bringing fresh twist then why not?

If you plan to pitch to ITV don't even worry about a fresh twist ... it scares them.
:P

Well if you're really desperate............you're not that desperate are you?

The hotel wouldn't have to focus on running the hotel though, more on the mundane life of a lobby doorman, the people he meets etc.

Like (sorry to go back to it) Hotel Babylon.

At the end of the day, I think we would be better off going with something never done before. That way it already has an edge to it and will hopefuly grab peeps attention. This is an ideal opportunity for a group of writers with loads of input to share.

I dont realy mind what we do. I am just leaning slightly towards origional.

how about we write about you, your pretty origional.

Nutty you mean.LOL.
I will take that as a compliment and store it in my compliment case.

Quote: David Chapman @ April 15, 2007, 11:19 PM

Like (sorry to go back to it) Hotel Babylon.

Never seen it, is that what it is, about a doorman meeting the hotel guests? Scrap my idea then if so.

Oi Martin there will be no idea scraping.

I say put it all to the vote.

If I'm doing the sketch voting comp tonight, I'll also setup a voting for this as well, so better hurry up and add your ideas.

I don't really want to rush it, but we'll get nowhere at this pace. Lets just pick an idea/premise and move onto the next stage. We can easily dissect the idea if we're all not to happy with it.

And the reason I haven't suggested an idea is because I'm perfectly happy to go with one already suggested ;).