Plus One - The Series Page 8

I felt tonight's episode was weak! And I agree with the fact they let certain sub plots crash and burn.
Not as good as episodes 2 and 3 for me but the kid was BRILLIANT!
Had me in stitches....all in all I felt the story was distracted tonight and they missed certain elements that I have really enjoyed previously.
However on the whole I am enjoying it and hope the final episode next week is a strong one!
Guess time will tell.....

Back to form. Shame.

Quote: silvio dante @ January 31 2009, 12:07 AM GMT

Back to form. Shame.

I actually thought it was a dip in form which was quite good for the episodes prior to this one.

Probably the weakest episode of the series but it still had a few good moments. Hopefully next week it can go out in a blaze of glory.

I didnt think it was good as last week's but there were some good lines though. Rob's photographer friend was one of the highlights.

I hated the kid but I guess I was supposed to.

Haven't seen this since episode one, which I quite enjoyed, but last night's was weak, pure and simple. A lot of the characters seem so underwritten and pointless it's untrue. What/who is Robs friend, in the glasses, supposed to be? There is nothing to him, what is the purpose of his existance?. The odd slightly funny bit, but overall I was dissapointed. I have heard some of the episodes before were quite good however, so perhaps this was just a blip.

In truth this is just one of those sitcoms that had an interesting pitch, where there is very little attention paid to character - like millions of a sitcoms on TV now. Why don't these TV bosses learn.
I know it's speaking the obvious but sitcom is character comedy and therefore Plus One] is not a good sitcom, however I think it is doing well considering it is surviving on a this very limited concept.

I didn't think the episode was that bad. The line 'and your face looks like a balloon someone has shat in and then punch' was genius. Rob's mate was underwritten in this episode. He's supposed to be his voice of reason and his sub-story is he fancies Rob's sister.

I liked yesterday's. Thought it was good and very entertaining. I liked the idea that Lisa Snowden came up with the same idea as him and he was in cahoots with her.

Dan

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 31 2009, 12:13 PM GMT

Rob's mate was underwritten in this episode.

And episode one, the only other episode I've seen so far.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 31 2009, 12:13 PM GMT

He's supposed to be his voice of reason

But he already has that, it seemed to me, with the woman he works with. It just seems that one of the two is expendable. Though the book of tits bit was funny.

Well, zooo and I both enjoyed it thoroughly. Very funny, especially the little kid and his crafty demands.

Quote: Aaron @ February 1 2009, 12:47 PM GMT

Well, zooo and I both enjoyed it thoroughly.

And what about Plus One?

I thought the kid was the best thing about the episode.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 31 2009, 4:39 PM GMT

But he already has that, it seemed to me, with the woman he works with. It just seems that one of the two is expendable. Though the book of tits bit was funny.

Well, she usually takes the piss out his ideas but I agree with what you mean. The problem they got themselves in is they need both as they decided to have the sister sub-plot. She's probably not needed and then you can take him out. The work-mate is needed as she is obviously going to be the Plus One.

In saying all of that I like it enough to keep watching. The best character is Nigel Harman's.

I think tonight's episode was the finale, what a pity to suffer the fate of viewers coming straight over from watching NGOut, where they would still be in the process of subsiding from belly-inducing-laughter - never to be resurrected again throughout the next half hour. The plot of this series took a seriously wrong turn after we were introduced to his female work colleague, (the one which had the hilarious dance routine), expectations were high after that, but when the girl finally in exasperation at the end says to the lead, "Well why didn't you ask me, a nice, ordinary girl, to accompany you instead?" I thought, you're asking the wrong person love; ask it of the scriptwriters, ask it of them.

Overall - A bit of a damp squib.

I see they saved the unfunniest until last.

That was terrible, what the hell was the point? Same old plot every week and a finale you could see a mile off. It just seemed to accept it's fate and didn't attempt any kind of proper resolution. Could have kicked on a bit after Episode 3 but failed.