Plus One - The Series Page 7

Only just watched the latest episode. I can honestly say this is turning into one of my favourite current shows. The actors are all good, the characters great and varied, jokes top notch and plotting and farcical elements well written.

Agree that the dancing was great, didn't see the end of that coming. Even Jamelia was ok. "Go on, don't make me look like a liar."!

Love it. :)

The dancing was awesome. Actually really good, especially when he started to get into it.

I wish I could dance like that...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 26 2009, 9:50 AM GMT

The dancing was awesome. Actually really good, especially when he started to get into it.

I wish I could dance like that...

Dan

Yes I thought he was going to end up flat on his face.....but that was Laura!! :D

The dancing is why Plus One is shit. I can't think of a single good sitcom character who can dance - OK I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I am not.

Edited by Aaron - capitalisation.

Quote: silvio dante @ January 24 2009, 9:49 PM GMT

No, no - still stand by every word of it - first two were awful. :P

Much improved last night - less Duncan and less moaning, more character development and the dancing scene was genuinely funny. Hopefully keeps it up.

Glad that you are coming round to it then! But I don't know why you don't like Duncan in this? I think it works very well with him in it and the story works well. Has he done something to upset you personally or something?
Sounds like you have a grudge!!
Anyway at least you're still watching it each week.

I too had written off this sitcom as awful rubbish - but only just watched episode 3 on the Internet - and what a difference! At last it's come alive and found its feet. Suddenly the real plot shows its hand; (the subplot involving Laura, his work colleague) - great stuff. Now it's really worth watching.

Could this be one of those sitcoms that when people look back they say: yeah it's good now, but it did get off to a shaky start with poor reviews.

Quote: matt jones @ January 28 2009, 12:33 AM GMT

Glad that you are coming round to it then! But I don't know why you don't like Duncan in this? I think it works very well with him in it and the story works well. Has he done something to upset you personally or something?
Sounds like you have a grudge!!
Anyway at least you're still watching it each week.

I watch everything, good and bad, for different reasons but mainly because I am interested in comedy and what other people write and think is funny.

I'm still not a fan of the show really.

As for the Duncan thing - to turn the question round - is he currently hanging out the back of you?

Quote: silvio dante @ January 29 2009, 7:21 PM GMT

I watch everything, good and bad, for different reasons but mainly because I am interested in comedy and what other people write and think is funny.

I'm still not a fan of the show really.

As for the Duncan thing - to turn the question round - is he currently hanging out the back of you?

LOL! Not that way inclined, but I actually have to give credit where I think credit is due, and the guy is actually doing it well. We obviously beg to differ and I'm sure you would obviously would do it much better than him if you were in a position to do it but hey, we can't all be as fabulous as silvio dante!!
BOWS!

To be honest there are so many bitter haters out there and that makes me feel so ashamed to be called British! We always try to put people down and have negative attitudes to new shows and creations and we never as a nation support our own people for actually trying new things. So I guess you are just another one of those bitter people.
Plus One is a great new show in my eyes and everyone in it should be bigged up, not put down.

Quote: matt jones @ January 30 2009, 3:07 AM GMT

LOL! Not that way inclined, but I actually have to give credit where I think credit is due, and the guy is actually doing it well. We obviously beg to differ and I'm sure you would obviously would do it much better than him if you were in a position to do it but hey, we can't all be as fabulous as silvio dante!!
BOWS!

To be honest there are so many bitter haters out there and that makes me feel so ashamed to be called British! We always try to put people down and have negative attitudes to new shows and creations and we never as a nation support our own people for actually trying new things. So I guess you are just another one of those bitter people.
Plus One is a great new show in my eyes and everyone in it should be bigged up, not put down.

Ashamed to be British? Hmm, probably the ever declining standards of people's ability to argue their point without resorting to meaningless, throw-away terms such as 'bitter haters' - on a comedy forum, people getting personal about a guy that used to be in a boyband and people that use 'LOL' and are over the age of 12.

Your speeches on my personality are making you look like a fool. I'm not convinced you're over the age on 10 though so I'll let it slide.

It'll be on again tonight though - and old Silvio, with the chip on his shoulder, will probably comment on what he thought of it for you to dissect, criticise the way I was brought up and attribute the comments to the current economic crisis.

Quote: silvio dante @ January 30 2009, 3:57 PM GMT

. . . and people that use 'LOL' and are over the age of 12.

That's me f**ked then.

. . . criticise the way I was brought up and attribute the comments to the current economic crisis.

Never mind Silvio, those are just his credit-crunch version criticisms - you should see them when the economy's in a healthy state.

Ok gents, let's leave it here with all of the personal stuff. Comments directly on the show now please, and not on each other.

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2009, 5:02 PM GMT

Ok gents, let's leave it here with all of the personal stuff. Comments directly on the show now please, and not on each other.

With pleasure. Laughing out loud

I was never the one who was being rude about people in the first place but I will leave this with pleasure also.

Ashamed to be British? Hmm, probably the ever declining standards of people's ability to argue their point without resorting to meaningless, throw-away terms such as 'bitter haters' - on a comedy forum, people getting personal about a guy that used to be in a boyband and people that use 'LOL' and are over the age of 12.

Your speeches on my personality are making you look like a fool. I'm not convinced you're over the age on 10 though so I'll let it slide.

It'll be on again tonight though - and old Silvio, with the chip on his shoulder, will probably comment on what he thought of it for you to dissect, criticise the way I was brought up and attribute the comments to the current economic crisis.

Just utter nonsense but hey, looking forward to seeing Plus One tonight and hope it builds more of the love interest story between Rob and Laura.

Quote: matt jones @ January 30 2009, 7:38 PM GMT

looking forward to seeing Plus One tonight and hope it builds more of the love interest story between Rob and Laura.

Me too, although I'm somewhat surprised they've let Rob realise at this early point in the series that Laura might be the girl for him, and not some trophy model on his arm. The traditional route might have been to make it patently obvious to the viewer, Uncle Tom Cobley, his dog, and everyone else - except for Rob!

So that by the time Rob comes to his senses in the penultimate reel, and gains self-awareness, and then through his own stuipidity goes on to lose her, only to try and win her back all over again in the finale, thus putting his soon to be married ex-girlfriend way behind him, it then gives us the audience, the delicious satisfaction of already being way ahead of him - and the contentment of seing our 'hunches' proved right.

Only he's in on it right from episode three. Hope they've left enough maneuverability to this aspect of the plot to maintain the viewers interest.

Quote: Danny K @ January 30 2009, 8:22 PM GMT

Me too, although I'm somewhat surprised they've let Rob realise at this early point in the series that Laura might be the girl for him . . .

Hope they've left enough maneuverability to this aspect of the plot to maintain the viewers interest.

Well, they solved that problem quite easily enough in tonight's episode 4. They just ignored that plot-point and pretended episode 3 never happened and instead played it as if everything had continued as if direct from episode 2!

It was so boring I fell asleep in the middle and only awoke in time to catch the only worthy scenes, (those involving the 'wheelchair kid').

This is one sitcom in deep trouble. Episode 3 seemed to have turned a corner; how come the producer missed the cornerstone that was episode 3 and failed to develop from there? Several posters on this thread, besides myself, had opined that episode 3 had made them review their opinion of Plus One. Wonder what they're thinking now?

Disappointed.