Peep Show - Series 5 Page 29

He's been swimmin' in De Nile river.

Fruity little comedy genius.

Quote: Bam! @ June 9 2008, 5:08 PM BST

No one has mentioned me predicting the storyline. Teary

If you want predictions, I think series 6 will feature the first openly gay experience between the boys. They've hinted at it before, but never gone all the way.

After episode 6 I feel exactly the same as I did after episode 5: the stories are tired and predictable, however... the dialogue is amazing as ever and carries the show.

So overall I still really enjoy it, I'm just slightly disappointed that it is wearing a tad thin on the story line side of things. I don't think it has to be that way though, the writers just need to get a bit more 'fresh' with the story lines - although not at the cost of the dialogue!

Quote: chipolata @ June 11 2008, 10:02 AM BST

If you want predictions, I think series 6 will feature the first openly gay experience between the boys. They've hinted at it before, but never gone all the way.

Yes I fully agree. (And not just cos that's what I want to happen.)

They kissed in truth or dare, didn't they?
But Jeremy has been saying some totally non ambiguous gay things this series. At least in his head.

There's an extra on the series 5 DVD which shows the scene where Sophie talks to Mark at the party from her POV with her thoughts.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=35825901

For me this is a nice DVD extra but I wouldn't like the show to have other peoples thoughts as it would destroy the "world from Mark and Jeremy's POV" that the show is set around.

But as a DVD extra this is great!

Quote: Bam! @ June 12 2008, 3:58 PM BST

For me this is a nice DVD extra but I wouldn't like the show to have other peoples thoughts as it would destroy the "world from Mark and Jeremy's POV" that the world is set around.

I sort of agree, although it would be quite interesting to see the world from Super Hans and Johnson's POV. And Scrubs has successfully done a similar thing, in which for the odd episode we heard the interior monologues of characters other than JD.

I do often wonder what's going on inside the head of the other characters. Especially Johnson!

Nope, kill it, kill it now.

For me, personally, the appeal of hearing Mark and Jeremy's thoughts is that I can often empathise with their respected situations when interacting with others. But if all of a sudden you can hear *everybody's* thoughts, then it sort of ruins it.

But fair enough, nice little DVD extra for one scene.

Quote: jeej @ June 12 2008, 11:58 PM BST

Nope, kill it, kill it now.

For me, personally, the appeal of hearing Mark and Jeremy's thoughts is that I can often empathise with their respected situations when interacting with others. But if all of a sudden you can hear *everybody's* thoughts, then it sort of ruins it.

But fair enough, nice little DVD extra for one scene.

I sort of agree with you to, but I find myself idly wondering if you had an episode with just Jeremy and Super Hans's thoughts, or just Mark and Johnson's? Plus it would really piss off the hardcore fans, and I'm all for pissing off them. :P

I am at a loss, no Peep Show tonight:(

Don't worry, David Mitchell is bound to pop up on 'Eat Out Of Tin Cans' - It is a panel show after all :)

And a new series of 'Would I Lie to you?' is on the way soon.

Its all good in David Mitchell world, he's never away long enough for people to get withdrawal symptoms :)

hurrah

This is quite fun. All the main Peep Show characters are on Twitter talking to each other:

http://twitter.com/peep_show

Quote: Mark @ February 17 2009, 1:18 PM GMT

This is quite fun. All the main Peep Show characters are on Twitter talking to each other:

http://twitter.com/peep_show

That's brilliant.

MarkCorrigan: "Jez is threataning to masturbate in front of me if I don't allow his casual wank mag multi-tasking. I can't enjoy the Guardian like this."

:)