Comedy Showcase 2009 Page 4

Sat throught the second half to see if it would pick up. It didn't.

Who the f**k is working at Channel 4? How can this pile of unfunny swear words get made into a pilot?

This is so bad, even BBC Three would reject it for being too childish and nonsensical.

Not a single laugh, not even a smile. Why kick start your Comedy Showcase with a steaming turd?

Sack the commissioning editors!

Pooooooooooo!!!

I really liked it!

Very Green Wing in style and I liked that too, so maybe no surprise.
The head (if that's the right word?) was very funny.

I (sort of) watched it all. The characters were really all Green Wing characters - but I loved that so it didn't really disappoint me.

I liked him, and it (the show).

Well, obviously I know I have no taste, but I really liked it! Immediately liked all the characters and the dynamic (though I do work at a university). I was pleasantly surprised it was the staff as I was dreading a uni sitcom about students and luckily it wasn't.

The VC actor is excellent. He was brilliantly arseholey as the producer in Dead Set too.

I hope it makes a series cos I'd look forward to, and watch it.

Sorry everyone...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

Who the f**k is working at Channel 4?

I think the 'Victoria Pile mob' is Channel 4's version of 'Armando Iannucci's Comedy Super Mafia', or at least they want it to be.

Dan

I hope it gets a series too.

Anyone know at which university it was filmed? Looked like Brunel but I've only been there once.

Am I in an alternate universe? You guys actually thought this was funny? Is it a drug thing? Cuz I don't touch the groovy gravy granules.

I am honestly shocked by your poor taste and lack of intellectual standards.

You is freaks. :S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

No, you're not. We've met more than once, so don't pretend...

Dan

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

Am I in an alternate universe? You guys actually thought this was funny? Is it a drug thing? Cuz I don't touch the groovy gravy granules.

You is freaks. :S

I thought it was horrible, offensive, laugh-free shite. Admittedly I only watched 30 seconds but surely that is not the way a comedy pilot should be making you think before it even hits the title sequence?

From what I've read here and elsewhere it doesn't seem as if it picked up at all in the 30 minutes.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

Who the f**k is working at Channel 4? How can this pile of unfunny swear words get made into a pilot?

Well, mine got beaten to the final cut by this, so I hope it's not as bad as you say. Teary

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 10:49 PM GMT

Well, mine got beaten to the final cut by this. Teary

That's a travesty. I haven't read you script but I bet reading the first 30 seconds of your script would provide much more laughs than what this show did.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 10:49 PM GMT

Well, mine got beaten to the final cut by this. Teary

Should have been better at sucking cock Tim, because that must have been the deciding factor in choosing scripts.

But while you're here, let me give you some script advice - use the word vagina a lot, apparently it's hilarious.

I'm sorry (I'm not really) but any opinion of a half hour show when you've only watched 30 seconds is pretty worthless. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 10:55 PM GMT

I'm sorry (I'm not really) but any opinion of a half hour show when you've only watched 30 seconds is pretty worthless. :)

My opinion is of the first 30 seconds, which was so downright offensive and appalling that I had no other choice but to switch off. Seriously, Stephen Hawking spastic 'jokes'?!

Quote: Martin H @ November 6 2009, 10:56 PM GMT

My opinion is of the first 30 seconds, which was so downright offensive and appalling that I had no other choice but to switch off. Seriously, Stephen Hawking spastic 'jokes'?!

Oooo. Really?