Comedy Showcase 2009 Page 7

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:14 PM GMT

Right. She's going to get Toxic Shock Syndrome.

The accountant accidentally paid the entire university staff twice. Trying to guage a woman's opinion on the 'hypothetical' situation of receiving money accidentally, she said something along the lines of "My bank account and my vagina are like a lobster pot; once something goes in, it doesn't come out until I say so."

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 11:16 PM GMT

:D

(Has a relatively high mortality rate that, as well. :()

:(

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 11:18 PM GMT

The accountant accidentally paid the entire university staff twice. Trying to guage a woman's opinion on the 'hypothetical' situation of receiving money accidentally, she said something along the lines of "My bank account and my vagina are like a lobster pot; once something goes in, it doesn't come out until I say so."

Doesn't quite make sense.

Why not?

Still if it's highlighting a serious medical condition...

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 11:18 PM GMT

Brilliant. :|

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:19 PM GMT

Doesn't quite make sense.

Well of course it doesn't, because you're not seeing it within the context of the plot. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Why not?

I'm not going to explain that one! ;)

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Why not?

I don't think any woman can stop a man taking his penis out of her vagina. Unless she's some sort of were-fox. Vixen's vaginas can clamp the male member in until she feels that she has been given an adequate chance of insemination. Human females do not have the same musculature, hence cannot make such a boast about having this degree of control over the contents of their vaginas. Pigs have corkscrew-shaped penises for reasons zoologists have yet to explain...

What were we talking about again? Errr

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Still if it's highlighting a serious medical condition...

:D

Oh I seeeee. I thought you were talking about the lobster pot bit not making sense. Thought there was some kind of widely known fishing knowledge I wasn't privy to. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 11:24 PM GMT

fishing knowledge

You said it.

Ew.

Laughing out loud

It was well put together.

It was also not funny at all.

Very Green Wing with just a hint of Thank You For The Music (and there was an obnoxious character called Jonty with a South African surname, just to add to the strange impression of watching something out of Critique.)

Among the crudery, there were some amusing lines (though less than you might expect given that it had a longer list of writers than the New Testament), and some good performances, but not enough to overcome the impression that the Green Wing team are a one-trick pony (or rather regiment of horse.)