Comedy Showcase 2009 Page 3

OK, well the Comedy Showcase 2009 season starts tonight on C4. First up is Campus...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/campus/

There will be 6 sitcom pilots shown and 1 pilot sketch show, which was a relatively recent addition to the run.

(Think this thread should probably have moved to 'British Sitcom', but maybe not, er... Errr)

There seems to be a nice range of shows on offer to watch over the next weeks, with a couple of interesting premises (e.g. Pete v Life). Well done and the best of luck to all those guys who got their babies into the strand. The BCG has details on all the pilots in the run.

The previous Comedy Showcase in 2007 led to a full first series commission for a few shows, including Free Agents and Plus One. :)

I believe The Kevin Bishop Show was the other show that got a full commission.

Sadly, I really want to watch this, but I'm out tonight seeing Daniel Kitson. All well...

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 6 2009, 7:36 AM GMT

I believe The Kevin Bishop Show was the other show that got a full commission.

Yes, somehow I omitted to mention that... Whistling nnocently

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 10:23 AM GMT

Yes, somehow I omitted to mention that... Whistling nnocently

Is that because you f**king despise that c**t of a show, Tim?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 6 2009, 10:24 AM GMT

Is that because you f**king despise that c**t of a show, Tim?

"Despise" is a strong word, John...

Anyway, looking forward to Campus tonight. ;)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 6 2009, 7:36 AM GMT

Sadly, I really want to watch this, but I'm out tonight

:O

As for the show, is it half hour long? Or is it like Green Wing and three hours?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 10:26 AM GMT

Yeah, it's got 'my old mate' Joseph Millson in it. I used to know him when he was just plain 'Joe'.

Quote: chipolata @ November 6 2009, 10:27 AM GMT

As for the show, is it half hour long? Or is it like Green Wing and three hours?

:D

All the shows are in the same half-hour slot, so you do the Johnny Mathis! :)

Oh, and despite the fact that one of my sitcom pilots was on the shortlist for this season, I shall be watching these with a completely open mind (about which one of the six unfairly robbed me ;)).

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 10:26 AM GMT

So am I. Green Wing is one of my all-time favourite shows, so I'm interested in seeing what the team came up with this time. :)

I lasted 30 seconds. That first 'joke' was just so badly appalling and offensive that my only reaction was to switch it off.

Just watched the first half of this shit and it is shit.

How anyone can steal James Cotter's work and actually make it worse is f**king beyond me.

I wonder how long it took the writers to dream up this stuff? - 'I like vaginas and having a shit.'

Oh look, I've accidentally done it myself. Better give Channel 4 a ring then.

Shiiiiittttt!

Laughing out loud

I'm nowhere near a telly. So have I honestly not missed anything?

You would have thought the team behind Green Wing would have created something enjoyable, wouldn't you? Wrong! I made it to the break and turned off. I'll wait for IT Crowd repeat to come on.

I have to agree with Martin's comment also.

Too many c**tish characters without any redeeming factors for my liking, the 30 second trailer for PhoneShop made me laugh more than that whole episode of Campus.