Comedy Showcase 2009 Page 14

Oh, I thought it was 40.

It was a commercial 40 mins, wasn't it, so 28 mins screen time sounds about right?

With BB time to fill up though, if (or more likely when) it gets a series, no doubt Victoria Pile et al will argue for the 1 hour slot by pointing to Green Wing to support their case.

Well, it's 28 mins on 4od. I don't know how that translated to airtime, but it does seem a few minutes longer than your typical C4 sitcom.

(I don't watch anything on proper telly any more. Except X-Factor)

4min 30 seconds more, roughly.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 4:42 PM GMT

4min 30 seconds more, roughly.

Perhaps if they swap the word vagina for something with less syllables like c**t, they can squeeze in more 'comedy' for the half hour version.

Or they could actually write a plot, some decent characters and a few jokes. Or am I being old fashioned?

*waits for Jim Field* :(

Yes?

Is RC being old fashioned?

I'd have to read back on the thread to give a definitive answer.

I forgot: PhoneShop was had some excellent content but I struggle to see development of the characters over a series, let alone two.

PhoneShop was unlikable, as was Campus.

There's no fun characters in sitcoms anymore. What with their trying to be real-ness, they have to keep it believable.

When we will get a Father Dougal or Moss, maybe even a Alan Statham? I miss those clowns.

Look out for Barclay the pompous, pathetic and peculiar gents' hairdresser in the fun, silly studio sitcom Razorhead! :)

Actually, don't, because that one ain't doing any business at the moment. :(

Console

Hug

Hey Tim! Geddoff!

:D

Quote: Splodge @ November 6 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

Too many c**tish characters without any redeeming factors for my liking, the 30 second trailer for PhoneShop made me laugh more than that whole episode of Campus.

In the interest of fairness, I have to say that I preferred the 30 second trailer for PhoneShop more than the 30 minute episode.

E4 probably is the best place for a series, but I'd really like to see how much more they can get out of those characters - three of them are already spent forces in my eyes.

I wasn't sure about PhoneShop. Bits were funny, other bits irritating and some of the lines were so Ricky Gervais in the way it was written and delivered you can almost imagine him having taken one look at Bowker's script and then re-writing it in his own imitable (as opposed to inimitable) way. Has it got the legs to make a series out of it? Someone tells me it has already been commissioned. Well, good luck with that then. Not sure it will hold the viewers interest for a six run.