I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,245

She might invoke an old law and send him to the tower for treason.

New Year's Eve 2020 feels like that moment in every sitcom where someone goes, 'Oh well. At least things can't get any worse.' And...

In fact even the Young Ones used that line. 18.50 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=135hbzbI5tk It's up there with Who could possibly be so stupid...?

The bells will be ringing at 23:00 for me and my gal.

And you thought 2020 was bad!
James Corden is homesick and wanting to return to the UK!

Apparently the Queen doesn't want to make Tony Blair a knight because she doesn't like him.

I have to admit, I was swept up by him, his centralist progressive approach to Social Democracy seemed to be a breath of fresh air compared to the last few leaders of the Labour Party but then we went to war with a country that nothing to do with us and, although Saddam Hussein wasn't the kind of guy you'd invite to open a village fete, he never crossed us. Not a nice bloke I'll agree but no justification for bombing women and kids.

Mind you have you seen who has got an MBE / OBE? Craig David and some bloke who's a YouTuber... Nothing against Craig but he was a one hit wonder from about 15 years ago and don't know who the YouTube bloke is but did think, really?

And didn't some scientist get murdered under his watch?

How many of Blair's Babys are still around?
Apparently he wasn't that keen on women's quotas and was pressured into it by the left of the party.(Or his wife :))

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 31st December 2020, 9:19 PM

Apparently the Queen doesn't want to make Tony Blair a knight because she doesn't like him.

I have to admit, I was swept up by him, his centralist progressive approach to Social Democracy seemed to be a breath of fresh air compared to the last few leaders of the Labour Party but then we went to war with a country that nothing to do with us and, although Saddam Hussein wasn't the kind of guy you'd invite to open a village fete, he never crossed us. Not a nice bloke I'll agree but no justification for bombing women and kids.

Entirely agree

However, if the Tories had been in power at that time instead - they would have backed the Yanks to the hilt

Just like Thatcher couldn't get her tongue far enough up Ronald Reagan's butt hole

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd December 2020, 9:21 PM

Cheaper than paying for a model and better looking than Amanda Holden. It is wearing thin , they need a new free model, any ideas ?

Better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9100105/Lilah-Parsons-exudes-style-floral-maxi-dress-arrives-Heart-Radio-London.html?offset=0&max=100&jumpTo=comment-635677055#comment-635677055

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 31st December 2020, 11:43 PM

Better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9100105/Lilah-Parsons-exudes-style-floral-maxi-dress-arrives-Heart-Radio-London.html?offset=0&max=100&jumpTo=comment-635677055#comment-635677055

The public are deeply unhappy with the government's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the Brexit negotiations, a damning new poll suggests.

The poll predicts that if a general election were held tomorrow neither the Conservatives nor Labour would win an outright majority. Disturbingly for Boris Johnson, the survey says the Conservatives would lose 81 seats, wiping out the 80-seat majority they won in December 2019

Without wanting to get into a red / blue diatribe, what's everyone's 'take' on Keir Starmer? Don't really know much about him to make a comment, I'll be perfectly honest I never liked Corbynn, (I'm sure as a person he's a thoroughly decent bloke but politically not my scene) again these are just my views but I thought that Labour had gone too far to the Left, is Keir more of a swing to centralism, as Blair was? Can't say I'm a big fan of Boris either but willing to look into Keir to see if he's any better. I really don't want to sound ignorant but I honestly couldn't name the leader of the Lib-Dems.

Starmer has been handed the poison chalice, in my opinion.
He has to keep both wings of the party together - a thankless task.
Tough to be too aggressive in the middle of a pandemic - and he's hamstrung on Brexit because he's afraid of losing the minority of Labour voters who backed it.
But by ignoring the 70% Labour voters who voted Remain - especially by choosing to support "The Deal" rather than Abstain he has a lot of groundwork to do there.
A Hospital pass, in other words.
Personally I think he's just a place-holder till someone decent turns up.

People will always vote the tories in

Low taxes = shit public services

But low taxes so who cares!!

So I can't get an operation or a policeman to come out after I've been burgled or a place at the local school for my kid or a train that runs in time and doesn't cost a fortune or sky high electric bills or etc etc etc

Who cares?? I'm hardly paying any tax on my wages so who gives a crap

Corbyn had in his manifesto all these costed ideas to improve all the services we love and rely on

What? We have to pay a little more tax to pay for this?

F**k off you communist Marxist bastard!!!!