I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,115

Rood this ones your age I'm afraid, I bet you called everyone over 25 Daddyo back in the day as a clear distinction that you were a part of the youth culture.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st October 2019, 4:19 PM

I bet you called everyone over 25 Daddyo back in the day

Yes, and I didn't want any of them to rock me! Angry

I hope thats not a thinly veiled Saville related cry for help?

A significant number of women MPs are giving up their jobs because they are shocked and offended by the abuse they receive.

If Dennis Pennis were still active, he'd walk right up to one of them, push a microphone into her face and say, "You can't stand the heat so you're going back to your kitchen?"

Dennis is, of course, no longer around and will therefore not be saying anything so outrageous and disgraceful.

Thank God we've moved on and are now #woke.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st October 2019, 9:46 PM

A significant number of women MPs are giving up their jobs because they are shocked and offended by the abuse they receive.

If Dennis Pennis were still active, he'd walk right up to one of them, push a microphone into her face and say, "You can't stand the heat so you're going back to your kitchen?"

He wouldn't say that. I remember him as being quite funny.;)

Quote: chipolata @ 31st October 2019, 10:10 PM

He wouldn't say that. I remember him as being quite funny.;)

D'oh! Angry

Since 1855, Bideford in North Devon has been known as "Little White Town" because a great many of its buildings are painted white.

Its nickname is included on the welcome signs on the town's outskirts and on several signs within the town itself.

However, following complaints that the name is racist, the local council has decided to remove all such signs and to cease using the nickname.

I can't help thinking of a substantial area of the West Midlands, known since the 1840s as "The Black Country".

I'm also thinking of all the other places in Britain that begin with either "White" or "Black"or "Brown"

There are probably 400 such places.

Oh well, 1 down: 399 to go.

Come on, you snowflakes - you know you can do it! Laughing out loud

Little White Town does sound pretty racist, and if the town is heavily reliant on tourism rebranding is very sensible. And you, as ever, cherry pick what you mention in order to maximise your agenda. The towns signs will now read "Charles Kingsley's Little White Town (1855)", so the name is still there but in context. Let's have less hysteria from you, Rood Eye. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd November 2019, 10:10 AM

Let's have less hysteria from you, Rood Eye.

Sad git

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd November 2019, 10:10 AM

Little White Town does sound pretty racist, and if the town is heavily reliant on tourism rebranding is very sensible. And you, as ever, cherry pick what you mention in order to maximise your agenda. The towns signs will now read "Charles Kingsley's Little White Town (1855)", so the name is still there but in context.

I agree with you entirely.

I'm writing comedy here - not presenting unbiased factual news reports. Laughing out loud

Prince Harry, despite having long ago ditched the swastika armband, cannot resist saluting a bloke with swept-down black hair and a little black moustache.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd November 2019, 12:00 PM

I agree with you entirely.

I'm writing comedy here

In future put (COMEDY) after your comedy, so there's no confusion.;)

Comedy my arse.
Condescension more like.

Molly-Mae Hague, who I believe is from Love Island, went out on Halloween dressed as Cleopatra.

Not a lot wrong with that, you might think - but wait! Have you really thought it through?

According to today's news reports, she's come in for a lot of flak from people accusing her of cultural appropriation.

Apparently, if you're not Egyptian you can't dress as Cleopatra.

If that's true, I'd suggest that billions of women all around the world need to get themselves on permanent birth control - because, if you're not Egyptian, you've absolutely no right to become a mummy.

Do you see what I did there? Laughing out loud

"Do you see what I did there? "

It's sad that you feel you have to put those "Do you see what I did there?" Sentences in your posts, Don't you feel confident about your jokes?