I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,114

Corbyn is an idiot be in no doubt, his politics are student like on one hand and as ruthless as Lenins and Trotsky on the other. But as for Bojo he is the product of Eton, he has been reared by housemasters in studies adorned with portraits of Prime Ministers and as such is more in tune with the works of Empire than the modern world and the fact that he studied the classics only adds to that.
If I was to bet it would be on a hung parliament and subsequent second ref . I say this as this is a first past the post set up, if it was PR one I suspect that Bojo & Nigel would have the lead to go forward with Brexi. Bbut then once the detail of it emerge they could become the bitterest of enemies as Brexit has a million reasons and very few answers. .

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th October 2019, 10:33 AM

You could argue that only dangerous and deluded people want Brexit, Rood. Opinions aren't facts.

I'm sorry but I know loads of Leavers who are neither deluded or dangerous, they just want the status quo to shift a bit more in their favour and who can blame them.
For instance the influx of cheap labour has cost people their jobs in the low paid sector, from coffee shops to Sports Direct and Amazon warehouses young mobile Europeans who can live 6 to a house are taking jobs off men and women with kids.
There is also a social housing shortage so if you live in B&B with your kids, then you are going to be pissed off if you see an immigrant getting a social home in your stead, even if they come from Asia or Africa it still leaves people with the sense that they are being over ran.
I personally welcome immigration and I voted Remain and I will that again but do not dismiss so many millions by citing them as idiots, there are idiots on both sides and people are calling out for a change so whoever gets in change is needed in so many areas that it is task best suited by a diverse parliament that represents as many of us as possible.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th October 2019, 10:01 AM

If there is any poetic justice BoJo will lose.

...and then be forced to eternally play the court jester for Queen and Megan. We then offshore our Politics to America and become a call center serving India. Corbyn will end up working for B&Q advising on which fence to buy.

We're basically going to go through it all and end up with another hung parliament and nothing decided.

Meanwhile, on the subject of snowflakes and the PC Brigade and their ongoing attempts to gag comedians whose material is not to their taste, I'm sure it will surprise absolutely nobody to learn that the council in Swansea has cancelled a Chubby Brown gig at the Grand Theatre.

The reason, apparently, is that Chubby does not reflect the council's values.

I'll tell you something, fellow BCG members - Chubby does not reflect my values either, but I wouldn't seek to deny him his right to earn a living by entertaining people with whom he is completely in tune.

In the Jeffrey Epstein case, a pathologist who has examined more than 20,000 bodies in his 50-year career says the injuries that caused death in this case were unlike any others he has encountered in a case of suicidal hanging.

However, he says they are typical of injuries sustained in deaths by homicidal strangulation.

What a surprise!

I heard that the Feds covered it up because his throat had actually been ripped out by a Corgi, if thats true then this goes all the way to the top.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 30th October 2019, 3:47 PM

I heard that the Feds covered it up because his throat had actually been ripped out by a Corgi, if thats true then this goes all the way to the top.

:D

Jeremy Vine is one of those BBC mysteries.
They love him but he's a complete arse .

He's a white middle class man with a brother in the game, who else would they give the job to? I'd host it myself but my Scouse accent, hair trigger temper and general lack of decorum is holding me back,

Jeremy Kyle's job's vacant...

F**k that Ste if I started using DNA Tests and Lie Detectors everyone on our estate would think I was a Bizzee (Colloquial Term for a Police Officer)

Obama made a smart pre election move, by criticising #woke:

"I get a sense among certain young people on social media that the way of making change is to be as judgemental as possible about other people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50239261

Compared to Trump , he's a smooth operator, could diplomacy be making a come back ?

Apparently, live pigs are being used as crash-test dummies in China.

The pigs are being injured and often killed in crash simulations.

As somebody who, over the years, has enjoyed a sausage or two (stop making your own jokes up!), I'm wondering whether I'm demonstrating a certain amount of hypocrisy in my outrage about the treatment of those poor pigs.

Be that as it may, I feel very strongly that it shouldn't be allowed! Angry

Well they can hardly use Pandas Rood can they? The bamboo alone would send costs through the sunroof.

"Woke" is American black folks' word for the white folks' word "awake" (primarily to issues involving social injustice).

I see the common use of this word among the world's white population as a step towards the adoption of rapper language as our normal means of communication.

If that day ever dawns, I can see millions of British hoes and bitches being more than a little disgruntled.