I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,112

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th October 2019, 4:43 PM

In Arkansas on Tuesday last, a hunter shot a male deer.

As he approached his quarry, which was apparently lifeless on the ground, it promptly jumped up and killed him.

We can't really blame the deer: it probably felt threatened.

That's made my day.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th October 2019, 8:38 PM

That's made my day.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Many of America's top comedians are worried that comedy stars all over the USA are losing jobs and TV/film roles after having made a politically incorrect joke.

At a red-carpet event in Beverly Hills, Ray Romano (winner of three Emmy awards) and Kevin Nealon (from Saturday Night Live) spoke out about ever-tighter restrictions on what comedians in the USA are allowed to make jokes about.

They say a great many of their comedy colleagues are nowadays steering clear of controversial material altogether for fear of offending people who are very easily offended.

Others, they say, are going through their routines with a fine-tooth comb searching for anything that might give the slightest offence to people who can get offended about the tiniest thing.

Over the years, some very big names have felt the backlash from jokes that weren't appreciated in all quarters but a great many American funny folk feel restrictions have become tighter year by year and that now, it's almost impossible to move without offending somebody.

My heart goes out to you, America: some of us here in Britain know exactly what you're talking about!

I was reading about the man being killed by a deer and it's sad that there were so many comments from people saying things like "ha ha" and "serves him right". He could have been hunting for food and I wonder how many of those people that are laughing about it had meat on the dinner table tonight. Hunting for food or to keep the populations under control and reduce road accidents is very different to trophy hunting and a lot more common in America, Even if someone is strictly vegan I don't understand how they could find the death of a human funny because of the circumstances of how he died. Even if he did kill it just so he could stick the head on a wall it's still tragic a human has lost their life. The world is losing it's compassion.

Mind you, when there was the story of the girl that was killed when she put her head of the window on a train the same people were laughing about that too and saying things like "Darwin award" and "natural selection". They are such uneducated and ignorant brain dead c**ts I feel like joining the website just to tell them that but they wouldn't understand and it's better for my blood pressure that I refrain.

They've got a lot of compassion where he comes from.This is from Wiki.

One of the longest traditions in Yellville is the annual Turkey Trot festival sponsored by the Mid-Marion County Rotary Club. Beginning in 1945 with the first turkey dropped from the roof of the Marion County Courthouse, the festival continues today. It is held every second weekend of October with the best-known attraction being live turkeys that are dropped from airplanes over the town square.[11] The event has been criticized in the past by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and others.

On the subject of jokes about tragedies, I can absolutely guarantee that the funniest comedians in Britain have already written all the jokes about the people who died in that freezer container in Essex.

Some of these comedians may be crying publicly about the tragedy but they know full well they'll be telling those jokes one day.

As I write these words, they have them tucked away - just waiting until sufficient time has passed for the jokes to become acceptable.

In a recent poll conducted by Tatler magazine, 55% of voters said Meghan Markle is good for the royal family and 45% said she isn't.

In a democracy like the UK, that means that she is good for the royal family.

Or does it?

We need another vote! Angry

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th October 2019, 10:13 PM

Mind you, when there was the story of the girl that was killed when she put her head of the window on a train the same people were laughing about that too and saying things like "Darwin award" and "natural selection". They are such uneducated and ignorant brain dead c**ts I feel like joining the website just to tell them that but they wouldn't understand and it's better for my blood pressure that I refrain.

I must admit when I read that I had to think of that scene in The Young Ones...
:$

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th October 2019, 7:08 PM

I must admit when I read that I had to think of that scene in The Young Ones...
:$

#MeToo

In fact, I find it very difficult to believe there's a comedy fan in Britain who didn't immediately think of that scene.

I did too but not in a chortle kind of way because I just felt really bad for her. I know it's a dangerous thing to do but the branch that hit her head was overgrown and should have been dealt with a lot sooner by the rail company.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th October 2019, 10:13 PM

I was reading about the man being killed by a deer and it's sad that there were so many comments from people saying things like "ha ha" and "serves him right". He could have been hunting for food and I wonder how many of those people that are laughing about it had meat on the dinner table tonight. Hunting for food or to keep the populations under control and reduce road accidents is very different to trophy hunting and a lot more common in America, Even if someone is strictly vegan I don't understand how they could find the death of a human funny because of the circumstances of how he died. Even if he did kill it just so he could stick the head on a wall it's still tragic a human has lost their life. The world is losing it's compassion.

It's the web. What were once passing thoughts, or bad taste jokes amongst friends, now get shoved online for the world to see. We need a pulse bomb to take out the internet.

What came to me was - was he truly hunting for food or just being yet another gun-crazed US arsehole? Suspect the latter, therefore no pity for him. You must all have seen Facebook pictures of Americans who think it's a great wheeze to shoot dead elephants etc

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th October 2019, 9:57 PM

Many of America's top comedians are worried that comedy stars all over the USA are losing jobs and TV/film roles after having made a politically incorrect joke.

At a red-carpet event in Beverly Hills, Ray Romano (winner of three Emmy awards) and Kevin Nealon (from Saturday Night Live) spoke out about ever-tighter restrictions on what comedians in the USA are allowed to make jokes about.

They say a great many of their comedy colleagues are nowadays steering clear of controversial material altogether for fear of offending people who are very easily offended.

Others, they say, are going through their routines with a fine-tooth comb searching for anything that might give the slightest offence to people who can get offended about the tiniest thing.

Over the years, some very big names have felt the backlash from jokes that weren't appreciated in all quarters but a great many American funny folk feel restrictions have become tighter year by year and that now, it's almost impossible to move without offending somebody.

My heart goes out to you, America: some of us here in Britain know exactly what you're talking about!

Oh Lord how we need Bill Hicks right now

Quote: Briosaid @ 26th October 2019, 9:06 PM

What came to me was - was he truly hunting for food or just being yet another gun-crazed US arsehole? Suspect the latter, therefore no pity for him. You must all have seen Facebook pictures of Americans who think it's a great wheeze to shoot dead elephants etc

I think a lot of people would react like this. I feel so glad the deer escaped though it is a shame he died. I don't like hunting for sport. Not saying he was hunting for sport but I don't like it.

Coronation Street actress Katie McGlynn has revealed she needed counselling after filming her character Sinead Tinker's tragic death.

You need counselling, Katie?

Here it comes:

It's not real, love.

Okay?