I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,997

Quote: DaButt @ 27th October 2018, 10:54 PM

Maybe about the time that you learn that the shooter was anti-Trump, and that the left has been encouraging violence?

Please name "the left" people who encouraged Bowers to shoot up the synagogue.

Bowers is not so much anti-Trump. He simply thought Trump did not go far enough in his opposition to immigration (and that he was too close to Jews).

Trump makes racist statements and is forever telling people that truth is fake news, thereby giving credence to white supremacist conspiracy theorist morons like Bowers.

"We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came." Donald Trump, June 2018.

"I have noticed a change in people saying 'illegals' that now say 'invaders'. I like this." Robert Bowers, 6 days before shooting.

And here are some fine words from the man who Dabutt proudly voted for:
"You know, part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long, is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?"

"I'd like to punch him in the face."

"Maybe he should have been roughed up."

"I don't know if I'll do the fighting myself or if other people will" [commenting on what would happen if protesters from Black Lives Matter tried to take his microphone]

"If you do (hurt him), I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."

"I'll beat the crap out of you."

Charming.

I would like to see what would happen if this 'Caravan of Invaders' switched tack and made an effigy of the Statue of Liberty from the wrappers of the food that their children have been handed , and then sang christian hymns as they walked toward a wall with armed men atop it.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th October 2018, 8:35 PM

Anybody who objects to that mural deserves a dick up the rear end.

Absolutely.

F**king Virginia Raggi's f**king f**king me off yet AGAIN. Silly cow's only gone and made it rain all day. It NEVER rained in Rome before Raggi, and every time it rained in Rome before Raggi, Romans faced it with courage and skill and organisation. It was the same last Friday, when the bitch single-handedly introduced the transport strike. There was NO such strike before Raggi, and every time there was such a strike before Raggi, Romans went on with their day like nothing happened. What's next, Raggi? Up the rent? Let pickpockets on the subway? Allow pedos in church? Get back in the kitchen woman, this is a MAN'S job.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th October 2018, 12:15 PM

Raggi .... the bitch.

Scooby-Doo .... the stud.

Quote: Kenneth @ 28th October 2018, 1:49 AM

Please name "the left" people who encouraged Bowers to shoot up the synagogue.

Bowers is not so much anti-Trump. He simply thought Trump did not go far enough in his opposition to immigration (and that he was too close to Jews).

Trump makes racist statements and is forever telling people that truth is fake news, thereby giving credence to white supremacist conspiracy theorist morons like Bowers.

"We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came." Donald Trump, June 2018.

"I have noticed a change in people saying 'illegals' that now say 'invaders'. I like this." Robert Bowers, 6 days before shooting.

And here are some fine words from the man who Dabutt proudly voted for:
"You know, part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long, is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?"

"I'd like to punch him in the face."

"Maybe he should have been roughed up."

"I don't know if I'll do the fighting myself or if other people will" (commenting on what would happen if protesters from Black Lives Matter tried to take his microphone)

"If you do (hurt him), I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."

"I'll beat the crap out of you."

Charming.

Thank you Kenneth. Charming indeed.

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th October 2018, 11:00 AM

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

So true. One of the few things to be scared of is lunatics with guns.

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd November 2018, 8:54 PM

One of the few things to be scared of is lunatics with guns.

It's a good thing that our current laws already forbid lunatics and criminals from buying guns. But perhaps the answer is more useless laws that criminals will ignore?

Oh that's good. So lunatics can't buy guns. It must be the average Americans who do all these shootings then.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd November 2018, 9:38 PM

So lunatics can't buy guns. It must be the average Americans who do all these shootings then.

No, it's the gang members, drug dealers and street criminals who do all the shootings - despite the fact that murder is punishable by death in this country. It's almost as if criminals ignore the law!

Amazing how the mention of guns always brings you out of your web.

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd November 2018, 10:27 PM

No, it's the gang members, drug dealers and street criminals who do all the shootings - despite the fact that murder is punishable by death in this country. It's almost as if criminals ignore the law!

What a load of shit. It's always weirdos, unless you have different reports than we do. However I suppose, like your nazi hero, you'll say that's 'fake news'.

Not a load of shit. Only a tiny fraction of gun deaths in the US are caused by mass shootings by crazies,. Most US gun deaths are likely suicides, criminal/gang homicides, rather than a lone loony deciding to indiscriminately wipe out Jews, Christians or fellow students. But regardless of category, too many guns.

It's helpful to the American psyche if they label 99% of gun deaths as criminals or drug dealers.
Helps them sleep easier at night (albeit with a gun under the pillow)

Blame the criminals and you don't have a gun problem

If there are 33.000 gun death a year though.... you'll soon run out of criminals and the death rate will fall dramatically

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd November 2018, 9:42 AM

33.000 gun death a year

And the rest, in 2013 there were 73,505 non fatal shoots, that over 100,000 shooting in total. Around 3000 died in fires, so if Joe public wants the thrill of risk, why not rip out those fire alarms, dispense with Health and Safety, get school kids to run in the corridors holding forks, it will be good training for the next high school massacre.

Japan appears to have next to no fatalities, between 0 - 10 a year. There you must pass a test, including 95% accuracy on a shooting range. Over 500 accidental gun deaths in America and not one of them Trump (or Hilary). If gun ownership was about protecting America, its not working.