I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,996

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th October 2018, 6:54 PM

Southampton University Student Union President wants to take down, or "daub over", a mural commemorating students who weren't able to complete their studies because they went to serve in the 1st World War as the students depicted are all white men:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-45978590

Unless I'm much mistaken, the painting shows only one student. The rest of the figures depicted appear to be university staff.

Everybody depicted is male and white but, in 1916, there were exceedingly few black students or black lecturers and very few women lecturers at British universities and so the painting is entirely representative of British education at that time.

The contribution of non-white combatants in the First World War was by no means insignificant and in some cases was truly heroic. Having said that, however, the overwhelming majority of combatants were white and so anybody wishing to depict a typical soldier of the day can, I think, be excused for choosing a white one.

Anybody who objects to that mural deserves a kick up the rear end.

Exactly!

Also in the Daily Mail all this week they've had some comedy script pullouts including the Two Ronnies, Hancock, Not the 9 o'clock news etc.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th October 2018, 6:54 PM

Southampton University Student Union President wants to take down, or "daub over", a mural painted in 2016 commemorating students who weren't able to complete their studies because they went to serve in the 1st World War as the students depicted are all white men:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-45978590

Utterly disgusting. White male upper-class privilege. Glorifying men. Glorifying white people. Glorifying war. The entire university should be demolished and replaced with a mosque exclusively for the use of non-white women, until you disgusting Brits start showing some respect.

Finally some positive news: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45987127 Hope this inspires many more Brits to choose the correct path and start building more mosques and pushing for Islamic law.

Sinéad O'Connor famously tore up a picture of the Pope at her Dublin concert, that didn't go down well. So joining Islam is a risky move for someone like her. Or should we be more concerned for her Imam ? Troubled sole, maybe this will help her ?

Let's hope she doesn't get disillusioned with the true faith and take a shit on the Koran or tear up a picture of Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him). That wouldn't go down too well.

:D
I'm told all religions teach respect and peace, so its possible you may have been radicalised Kenneth. You've not been ball tampering have you ? I understand that an issue down under. An issue in the Catholic church cum to think of it.

Quote: Firkin @ 26th October 2018, 3:32 PM

I'm told all religions teach respect and peace

What nonsense.

As for ball tampering, one of Australia's most senior priests or bishops or wannabe popes is accused of kiddy fiddling, which led to the following TIME cover:

Virginia Raggi's f**king me off yet AGAIN. Silly cow says her new aim is to 'eradicate binge drinking from San Lorenzo'. I mean HELLO? As an Italian authority figure, your aim should be to embezzle funds, hold sexfests for yer mates and bonk the under-16s. Resign Vergie, this is a man's job, you're a disgrace to the system.

I despair of what America has become. Now more shootings. When will they learn the right to have guns exacerbates any problem, and that Trump is a trouble maker who encourages violence?

Just get the rabbi with a ak47 up his cassock. Sorted.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th October 2018, 9:00 PM

Now more shootings. When will they learn the right to have guns exacerbates any problem, and that Trump is a trouble maker who encourages violence?

Maybe about the time that you learn that the shooter was anti-Trump, and that the left has been encouraging violence?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th October 2018, 9:14 PM

Just get the rabbi with a ak47 up his cassock. Sorted.

My son-in-law was recently offered a job to protect a congregation after someone caused a scene at their church. Wear a suit with a holster inside, sit on a pew and make $25 per hour.

It's legal for a licensed individual to carry a handgun in places of worship in Pennsylvania. I'll bet more than a few will be packing in synagogues from today forward.

If all the harmful racial stereotypes on TV were to be lined up from least offensive to most offensive, I wonder what position would be occupied by Apu, The Simpsons' Kwik-E-Mart owner? Personally, I don't find him offensive at all but it seems he's about to be axed for almost 30 years of representational offences against the South Asian community.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/6160/production/_100782942_gun_comparison_640_v2-nc.png

Quote: DaButt @ 27th October 2018, 10:54 PM

Maybe about the time that you learn that the shooter was anti-Trump, and that the left has been encouraging violence?

And It's about time YOU learned that Trump is a total unprincipled bastard who encourages people to think violence is fine, no matter coming from which side. YOU voted this arsehole into power and your country is the worse for it. Frankly I despise you and your defence of this moron. God knows how you were brought up that you can think this creature is fine.