I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,001

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th November 2018, 4:51 PM

the pragmatic way out

Prexit?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th November 2018, 5:24 PM

And the idea is nuts, it takes Nato forever to vote on any action, how long do you think it'll take the 27 EU states to agree on a response to a nuclear strike from Russia?

I wouldn't worry Alfred. We'd all be dead within a blink.

I see Satan has a new president of the USA to torture today!

RIP Mr Wimp

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st December 2018, 10:41 AM

RIP Mr Wimp

Huh? Jimmy Carter is still alive.

Gosh, since I was here, we had a war, that's pretty weird, huh? A war? Wasn't really a war, you know, a war is when two armies are fighting, so, I don't know if you could call it a war, exactly, you know. The Persian Gulf Distraction, is more like it, I think.

Pretty amazing thing, really. Bush turned out to be a major demon, who woulda guessed? Remember when he was first president, he was the "Wimp President." Do you remember that? Cover of Newsweek . . . "WIMP PRESIDENT." Apparently, this stuck in this guy's craw a little bit. That guy was a dynamite waiting to go off.

(Iraqi voice) "We surrendah!"

(George Bush voice) "Not good enough."

(Iraqi voice) "We run away!"

(George Bush voice) "Too little, too late! Call me a wimp, c'mon, c'mon!

I was gonna post this in the Victoria Wood statuettes thread, but since it's a bit off-topic I'll post it here. This is a public statue in a Florida town near where I grew up. It used to be a stodgy old town full of retirees, but they've apparently loosened up a bit. Nothing says "welcome to our city" like a man urinating in public with a beer in one hand and his willy in the other. His dog is also peeing.

Laughing out loud That's an impressive looking watering can. Or does the rust suggest it's a modern day public toilet ? Imagine the photo opportunities. Love it.

Is that because Florida is full of old, incontinent people?

What sort of jokes do you think would be acceptable to these sorts of people?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002

Quote: Chappers @ 12th December 2018, 3:25 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002

I'm a little sick of the term "snowflake" but it's exactly what our schools and universities are trying to turn our young men and women into. Politics and political correctness have been weaponized and we're all worse off because of it.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th December 2018, 3:25 PM

"Three people of irrelevant gender, ethnicity, nationality, shape, size, age, academic ability and sexual orientation go into a place of refreshment. One of them says or otherwise communicates something, another one of them says or otherwise communicates something else and the third one says or otherwise communicates something which makes the other two laugh - not at that third person, but with that third person."

Student Politics tends to be naive and ideological. But I see the student's union apologise for their error. I've see the Russian comedian that cleverly created this PR, he should also apologise, for his act.

Russia's latest artificial intelligence robot shown to the world to prove their technology turned out to be a bloke in a robot suit.

Da Butt I work making comedy comments on a Facebook page with 11 million fans most of which are yanks and I have never understood the idea of people being called Snowflakes. From what I can see its mostly used for people who speak their mind but others don't like them doing it because they don't agree with their point of view but are so ill equipped to reply to their own anger that they resort to a standardised insult.

Yes modern kids have different views , thats the way of things, ok so the display sensitivity well I'd rather they did that than regress into the type of kids that were attracted to the Hitler Youth in 1934

I was brought up in a time were you could take a Homosexual to a police station and hand them over to a grateful sergeant who was already looking for something to kick in his lunch hour. Or when back street abortionists killed young girls by accident /error .
Who do you think got just these two examples passed so that gay people have the rights they should always had and clinics that address real issues? What o you think the people who fought for that were called at the time? and I was one of them calling them it .
Ok like in any field of any generation you are always going to get the odd stupid one saying something so daft that you lose all your liberal values because you want to kick their head in for saying it.
But these kids will make the changes , they think more about the planet and its welfare , the accept people for who they are not what they are and in a world thats nearly one third cyber they will be the ones that help us adjust.
So what if they are not as tough as us, as long as they are smarter than us then we will be ok.

The snowflake generation are young adults in the modern world of 2018 who take grave offence at things that don't offend today's older people and didn't offend younger or older people of any previous generation.

The rights of historically oppressed groups in our society has always been a serious political issue and wanting improved rights and less oppression for those groups does not make somebody a snowflake.

However, if you think children should not be allowed to dress up in Halloween costumes representative of other races or nationalities or social groups because it's culturally or politically insensitive, then you are a snowflake (to say the very least).

Similarly, if you feel that a woman should in no circumstances be treated differently from a man, you're a snowflake.

Similarly, if you feel that there are only two types of men, rapists and potential rapists, you're a snowflake and probably a woman.

Similarly, if you feel "Baby, it's cold outside" should be banned by all radio stations, you're a snowflake and also a f***ing idiot.