I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,999

Meant to stay away from here but couldn't resist the latest- so the big orange wimp can't visit a US First World War graveyard in France because of the weather! Oo-er! Maybe afraid his wig blows off.

Calling him a "wimp" is too good for him.

Maybe it wasn't safe to fly in by helicopter due to the weather

Helicopters are dangerous...

Doesn't stop the orange ball bag taking a car though

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th November 2018, 1:28 PM

Maybe it wasn't safe to fly in by helicopter due to the weather

Helicopters are dangerous...

Doesn't stop the orange ball bag taking a car though

News reports said that low clouds and heavy rain made traveling by helicopter impossible, and logistics ruled out a motorcade.

A lot of planning goes into any presidential road travel - especially in foreign countries. Secret Service agents scout the area days or weeks in advance, sniffing for roadside bombs, welding manhole covers shut, etc. It's not something that can be done on short notice.

The presidential vehicle is quite a piece of machinery: 5-inch thick bulletproof glass, heavy armor, completely sealed against chemical weapons, heavily armed, night vision optics, a supply of the president's blood type, etc.

I guess that's kinda ironic

President of the land of the free the home of the brave the greatest nation on earth

And yet he can't go anywhere without bulletproof and chemical proof walls and a supply of extra blood?

It's almost as though....

People might not like him?!

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th November 2018, 3:16 PM

I guess that's kinda ironic

President of the land of the free the home of the brave the greatest nation on earth

And yet he can't go anywhere without bulletproof and chemical proof walls and a supply of extra blood?

It's almost as though....

People might not like him?!

Our presidents have been driving around in armored vehicles since someone shot one in the head in 1963. The current vehicle was designed for President Obama. I'm sure the new one will be YUGE and better in every way. ;)

And yet - everyone else made it there.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th November 2018, 7:53 PM

And yet - everyone else made it there.

Exactly. I stood in torrential rain today with lots of other people - old, people in wheel chairs, young ones from youth groups and no jackets. I kept thinking I mustn't complain because the poor buggers in WW1 had it a thousand times worse. Truth is, Trump's a spoiled arsehole with no guts.

Quote: Briosaid @ 10th November 2018, 7:33 PM

Meant to stay away from here but couldn't resist the latest- so the big orange wimp can't visit a US First World War graveyard in France because of the weather! Oo-er! Maybe afraid his wig blows off.

Wig? Don't be stupid. If it was a wig and he's a multi-millionaire don't you think he could afford to buy one that looked better than that?

Come on Dabutt. Even you must admit that his hair looks bloody ridiculous.

His hair and bizarre skin colour should be irrelevant

It's the quite astonishing level of arrogance and mindless drivel that spews out of his cake hole that is the problem

Yes he's ridiculously vain and seems a bit soft and pampered by his millionaire upbringing but the US economy has been transformed, millions more 'blue collar' jobs have been created, middle America, neglected under Obama and sneered at by Hilary Clinton is recovering economically. These are the people that voted in Trump for a reason and he hasn't let them down. America was divided long before Trump took the presidency but the liberal scourge that is PC meant you weren't allowed to criticise Obama. If he was really that good and popular then how on earth did his polar opposite that is Trump get elected? Surely the democrats should have kept power?

The truth is the liberal infused city dwelling media got it wrong just as ours did on the EU ref and 2015 general election. The people who earn top salaries for predicting how the nation will vote were clueless.

Quote: Briosaid @ 11th November 2018, 8:42 PM

ETruth is, Trump's a spoiled arsehole with no guts.

Is he hydroponic, how does he eat ? That would mean his crap goes everywhere without direction or discretion. OK I get it now.

That said as Alfred points out, the economy is doing well. How much of that is the administration and now much Trump I wonder. DaButt what would your analysis be on why your Economy is doing so well ?

Trump inherited a strong economy and hasn't screwed it up.

Meanwhile: Coping with our daughter's new face https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-45342807/katie-stubblefield-coping-with-our-daughter-s-new-face

Poor Americans think they're making themselves safer by owning guns and this sort of stuff happens.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th November 2018, 9:51 PM

Come on Dabutt. Even you must admit that his hair looks bloody ridiculous.

I try not to judge people - presidents or otherwise - by their appearance.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th November 2018, 4:52 AM

middle America, neglected under Obama and sneered at by Hilary Clinton

That is precisely why we have President Trump today.

The recent election was a hoot. Wannabe Hispanic Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke (actually a white Irish-American) raised a staggering $70 million from Democrats from all over the country in an attempt to beat incumbent Senator Ted Cruz and "turn Texas blue." He failed. My actual Mexican-American friends took great pleasure in voting against him.

The kicker: the press and party leaders are berating white Texans for voting for a Hispanic guy instead of a white guy. You can't make this stuff up.

Quote: Firkin @ 12th November 2018, 8:28 AM

DaButt what would your analysis be on why your Economy is doing so well ?

His pro-business and pro-America stance have certainly helped things, but who knows how much can be attributed to one man alone? President Obama has already taken credit for it, of course, but he's a politician and there's nothing politicians do better than lying and patting themselves on the back.

President Trump is an embarrassment most of the time, but there are 3 things that he's done right:

1) America first. Every nation's leader should put their own country first.

2) Immigration. Unchecked illegal immigration is a detriment to any society. An American can't even visit Canada for a day if they have a 10-year-old drunk driving conviction, but for some reason Americans are supposed to allow millions of people to illegally cross the border and then welcome them with social benefits and eventual citizenship. It's preposterous.

3) China. Presidents for the last 30 years have ignored China's menacing rise. Trump is fighting back (it's been a war all along) and as long as China's neighbors in the Asian-Pacific region band together and push back, the Chinese will have a much tougher row to hoe.