I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,003

There's nothing wrong with complaining per se: the fault with snowflakes is that they complain about things that no rational person would complain about.

For example, different people must be treated differently in many situations - not necessarily better or worse, just differently.

There are significant differences in the way that people born and raised in some parts of the world think, feel and behave compared with people born and raised in other parts of the world. That's also true of people of different genders. It's also true of people who espouse different religions. It's also true of people from different social classes. It's also true of people from a great many other groups.

It is therefore perfectly appropriate to treat people from different groups differently in some circumstances.

Anybody who disagrees with the above is probably a snowflake and is most certainly an idiot.

And now can we have your views on vegans/vegetarians who're trying to stop us eating meat?

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th December 2018, 7:53 PM

And now can we have your views on vegans/vegetarians who're trying to stop us eating meat?

If we didn't eat meat there would be no pretty little lambs or piglets in the fields.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2018, 9:05 PM

If we didn't eat meat there would be no pretty little lambs or piglets in the fields.

YES, and we'd all have brains the size of peas ... come to think of it ... is Trump a vegetarian?

He eats babies souls

How can you tell if a person is vegan?

They'll tell ya

I thought this UK Army recruitment campaign was a Facebook joke meme until I read the news story on the BBC's website.

How funny Da Butt, today's papers are running a similar article about the American Army targeting left leaning people. Great Nations think alike. Trump appears to be ignoring his military Generals and upsetting the top brass, that can't help recruitment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6554237/US-Army-responds-plummeting-recruitment-stats-radically-changing-policy.html

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd January 2019, 6:46 PM

How funny Da Butt, todays papers are running a similar article about the American Army targeting left leaning people.

They're trying to mine areas that have traditionally poor enlistment rates. They'll fail, just as they have in the past. The men and women from the south and the heartland will continue to carry the load.

The funny thing about any attempt to enlist millennials and snowflakes and gamers and class clowns is that all of that will be pummeled out of them in short order. They'll take away their phones, they won't have time to game, clowning will result in pushups and any hint of individualism will be eradicated. And they'll be trained to kill people in large numbers.

I read this earlier and thought it was bizarre marketing. And it cost the MOD/tax payer £1.5m. You don't usually win people over by criticising them or labelling them negatively. Me me me millennials and phone zombies is more likely to get them sued than new

recruits. The lefties will jump on it and it will backfire and they will probably drop the campaign. It'll scare snowflakes off even more, do they really think pampered kids of liberal city dwellers pushed to go to uni will be turned into unthinking killers, they are nuts.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd January 2019, 6:33 PM

I thought this UK Army recruitment campaign was a Facebook joke meme until I read the news story on the BBC's website.

I read that and was astonished.

They should just say If you want to kill or be killed join the Army.

I consider myself a snowflake, but at 43 I'm probably to old to be shot at.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd January 2019, 6:52 PM

TThe funny thing about any attempt to enlist millennials and snowflakes and gamers and class clowns is that all of that will be pummeled out of them in short order. They'll take away their phones, they won't have time to game, clowning will result in pushups and any hint of individualism will be eradicated. And they'll be trained to kill people in large numbers.

Amen to that. I'm surprised they didn't put Trump on a poster, with the caption "Stupid, deluded f**kwit?" "We want you, to eliminate your kind from the gene pool."

The army has always needed cannon fodder and a body is a body is a body regardless of what's going on inside its head.

For that reason, recruitment is often as heartless as it is ruthless.

The light-hearted and friendly recruiting posters of World War I made the whole affair seem like nothing more than a jolly jaunt whereas our naive young men were, in fact, being invited to live and die in conditions which made life and death for the beasts in the average abattoir seem positively luxurious.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th January 2019, 1:34 PM

The army has always needed cannon fodder

The chances of being killed are actually quite small. Even in the bloodbath that was World War 2, British troops had less than a 1 in 15 chance of dying. Our modern conflicts have proven far less lethal.

The UK lost 636 men and women during the 17 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan. During their worst year, 2009, there were 109 deaths. That's 2 deaths per week, which isn't exactly carnage on a massive scale.

The United States lost 6980 troops during 17 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, an average of 410 per year. The U.S. military averages 355 motor vehicle deaths per year and about 275 suicides per year.