I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,445

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/09/danish-zoo-outrage-giraffe-marius

:(

Quote: BBC News @ 9th February 2014, 6:21 AM GMT

The Duke of Cambridge and his father, Prince Charles, will call on people to act now to save endangered animals like rhinos, elephants and tigers.

There are rhinos, elephants and tigers getting killed in Indonesia but I don't think the Indonesians will give a toss about anything a couple of moneyed British geezers have to say.

In the broadcast, they speak in various languages, including Mandarin, Arabic and Swahili.

Still, they should try speaking in Indonesian too.

Prince Charles, president of the wildlife charity WWF-UK, begins the message by saying the illegal wildlife trade has reached "unprecedented levels of killing and related violence" that it poses a "grave threat" both to endangered animals and to economic and political stability in many areas around the world.

Absolute codswallop to say the wildlife trade poses a "grave threat" to economic and political stability. Tigers, rhinos and elephants are being killed in Indonesia because people are getting rich by destroying their jungle habitat. Profits from oil palm plantations can be used to purchase political power and stability. It's just the animals who get royally f**ked over.

If yer Royals really cared, they would go to where the animals are getting killed and pay huge amounts to save jungles from being destroyed, and to hire non-crooked rangers to be ruthless on poachers and traders of endangered species. A little video message followed by a hunting trip is a waste of time.

Quote: Nogget @ 9th February 2014, 6:21 AM GMT

it's just like telling people not to shoplift while going out shoplifting yourself...and then paying for it at the till.

No, it's more like telling people to protect animals and then going out and shooting animals for pleasure.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th February 2014, 12:17 PM GMT

If yer Royals really cared, they would go to where the animals are getting killed and pay huge amounts to save jungles from being destroyed

Absolute bollox. Dirty foreigns are dirty foreigns, all they would do is pocket the money and still wipe out jungles and endangered species. That's the whole reason Prince Whitey has to step in, to try and put pressure on the Thirdy Worldies.

Those who criticise Prince William for going boar hunting whilst at the same time calling for an end to poaching better wise up and understand the difference. Hunting keeps species and habitats thriving, poaching does the opposite.

Just once I'd like to have a conversation with British people about hunting, poaching and animal welfare without feeling like the only person in the room not wearing a Disney Princess outfit.

*imagines Renegade and Dabutt skipping through a meadow together*

Laughing out loud

Hand in hand?

Of course!
(The other hand holding a machine gun, naturally.)

I only come here for the high level of intelligent debate and the cogent arguments put forward by it's members and Moderators.

Bum poo willy face, etc. Unimpressed

Heh, willy.

Cocks

Laughing out loud

Ok what are you going to do with a 400 kilo giraffe with the horn that you can't let mate, because it'll f**k up the bloodline of the European captive giraffes, you might actually need to replenish wild herds.

Release it into the wild, where it'll be dead in 24 hours.

Leave it to go mad from unreleased sexual tension

Take it home

Or unfortunately kill it, the sentimentality over one giraffe is redunculous. They did the right thing, except they should have

i Let the zoos lions hunt it down thus building their declining instincts
ii Auctioned off the right to shoot the Giraffe to some wealthy US hunting nutcase, then auctioned off the meat from the giraffe. Probably raising several million dollars for whatever zoos spend money on
iii
Keep the giraffe alive by having a daily auction for perverts to wank it off.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th February 2014, 4:32 PM GMT

some wealthy US hunting nutcase

Leave Ted Nugent out this.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 9th February 2014, 1:42 PM GMT

Absolute bollox. Dirty foreigns are dirty foreigns, all they would do is pocket the money and still wipe out jungles and endangered species. That's the whole reason Prince Whitey has to step in, to try and put pressure on the Thirdy Worldies.

Those who criticise Prince William for going boar hunting whilst at the same time calling for an end to poaching better wise up and understand the difference. Hunting keeps species and habitats thriving, poaching does the opposite.

Just once I'd like to have a conversation with British people about hunting, poaching and animal welfare without feeling like the only person in the room not wearing a Disney Princess outfit.

On this one RCP's right.

Rogue lions are unbelievably dangerous and kill large numbers of kids. Rogue elephants will kill female elephants and people like a sort of big eared Ian Brady.

Someone's going to kill them, it might as well be for someone willing to pay for the privilege.

Fat headed American pays a quarter of a million for the right to kill a rogue Elephant or Lion. That pays for guides, hotels, it puts serious money into the local economy and it actually invests the locals in protecting wild life and stopping poachers.

As opposed to eco tourism, that turns tribes into freak shows and has an enormous enviromental footprint.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th February 2014, 4:32 PM GMT

i Let the zoos lions hunt it down thus building their declining instincts
ii Auctioned off the right to shoot the Giraffe to some wealthy US hunting nutcase, then auctioned off the meat from the giraffe. Probably raising several million dollars for whatever zoos spend money on
iii
Keep the giraffe alive by having a daily auction for perverts to wank it off.

I am spookily in agreement with you today sooty old bean.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th February 2014, 4:51 PM GMT

On this one RCP's right.

:O

Quote: zooo @ 9th February 2014, 1:47 PM GMT

*imagines Renegade and Dabutt skipping through a meadow together*

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

which reminds me DaButt is in the UK the end of March anyone fancy coming to a meetup