I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,441

The one fact I know about Nottingham is there's a KFC there, where you are more likely to die of unexpected causes than anywhere in Europe.
Which if you bare in mind Europe contains oceans and volcanoes, where you'd die instantly if you wound up.
You must admit is pretty bloody lethal.

You are more likely to die an unexplained death in a Nottingham branch of KFC than anywhere else in Europe? I think I need a source for that factoid, Soots.

really you're not defending a perverted Soap star now my learned friend.

Quote: Jennie @ 6th February 2014, 10:20 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-26066153

God bless Nottingham. I am so homesick for you sometimes :(

'As part of the promotion women attending the event were also being offered free shots.' - sexist scum. Where's my free drinks?

This being Nottingham I susepct the shots involved Glocks.

nb I'm probably going to regret posting this, but following watching Newsnight I decided to follow the original NY Times article on Allen being a big nonce.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/opinion/sunday/kristof-dylan-farrows-story.html

Are there any good newspapers left in the US. This is Guardianista pomposity combined with Daily Mail prurient muck raking.

So even if he's not guilty because he's possibly guilty of something and a suspect figure he should never be recognised, because all artists should have an unimpeachable moral standard.

Great well that misses out; Agatha Christie, Justin Beiber, the Beatles, erm everybody. Except me, I'm releasing an album and a movie, they might be shit but unlike Eric Gill I never f**ked the family dog.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th February 2014, 11:20 PM GMT

So even if he's not guilty because he's possibly guilty of something and a suspect figure he should never be recognised, because all artists should have an unimpeachable moral standard.

You know as well as I do that Americans love both their celebrities and their conspiracy theories. If you are a hyper-famous, all powerful, entertainment demi-god surrounded by advisors, lawyers and other vested interests, the chances of being arrested, never mind convicted, are extremely slim.

And even if you are arrested, the avid fans won't believe it's true anyway. I keep drawing parallels to the Michael Jackson allegations. The same people who were screaming 'hang the paedos!' were taking their kids to see him at the O2 or buying tickets to see his West End musical.

A vulnerable Iraqi immigrant was beaten and burned to death after false rumours about paedophilia circulated around his estate in Bristol. Woody Allen gets endless praise riddled articles written about him in the national press. It's a funny old world.

Micheal Jackson had his day in court, several in fact. And I suspect he worked himself to death in terror at what would happen, when he ran out of bribe or lawyer money.

I think the thing that turned my stomach, is Bill Roach is aquitted, as clearly as humanly is possible the jury and judge rejected all charges. And of course the Mirror reprints all the allegations from his accusers, whilst winking at it's few remaining readers.

There's just a point, that with our legal system. If you are not proven guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt then you're innocent.

God knows both the Labor and Conservative regimes, have been trying to sneak sub judis systems in place for years.

A lot of people would say 'I see Ken Barlow got away with it then,'

Quote: sootyj @ 6th February 2014, 11:55 PM GMT

There's just a point, that with our legal system. If you are not proven guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt then you're innocent.

The difference between our recent celebrity witch hunts and the Woody Allen allegations is that we've heard from both sides and it puts people in an unusual dilemma - who do you believe?

By taking sides, you are immediately in a minefield of morality - would the man who started an affair with his underage adopted daughter really be incapable of being attracted to children? Are Mia Farrow and Dylan Allen just making the whole thing up to get back at Woody? Is this just messed up Hollywood types, so full of drugs and neuroses that they're inventing memories to cash in on Allen? Are greedy lawyers and salacious tabloids just looking for a payday?

Good luck with that one. :S

BBC, listen very carefully, I shall say this only once . . .

Winter Olympics . . nobody gives a flying f**k.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 7th February 2014, 12:21 AM GMT

Winter Olympics . . nobody gives a flying f**k.

:O

Maybe if like me, you recently discovered that buying Coca-Cola kills gay people, you'd find the whole shebang much more interesting. Apparently it doesn't matter if it's full fat, diet or even Zero, every time you buy a can of Coke, you murderise a homosexualist. It's like diabetes and Aids got together for a syrupy holocaust in a carbonated tin of doom. It's the kill thing.

Ironically, Putin's stance on gay propaganda has resulted in an avalanche* of gay propaganda.

*didja see how I done made a snow reference?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th February 2014, 12:17 AM GMT

The difference between our recent celebrity witch hunts and the Woody Allen allegations is that we've heard from both sides and it puts people in an unusual dilemma - who do you believe?

By taking sides, you are immediately in a minefield of morality - would the man who started an affair with his underage adopted daughter really be incapable of being attracted to children? Are Mia Farrow and Dylan Allen just making the whole thing up to get back at Woody? Is this just messed up Hollywood types, so full of drugs and neuroses that they're inventing memories to cash in on Allen? Are greedy lawyers and salacious tabloids just looking for a payday?

Good luck with that one. :S

I guess it comes to ones own compass

especially now Moses has accused Mia of being violently abusive, brain washer, basically Kim Jung Un with boobs. Actually Kimg Jung Un has quite a nice set of boobs.

Mind you it seems mean to publish her letter weeks before he gets his Golden Globe for life time achievement. I mean if Ian Brady was getting an award for tidiest cell, it would be off for the family of one of his victims to do that

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th February 2014, 12:31 AM GMT

:O

Maybe if like me, you recently discovered that buying Coca-Cola kills gay people, you'd find the whole shebang much more interesting. Apparently it doesn't matter if it's full fat, diet or even Zero, every time you buy a can of Coke, you murderise a homosexualist. It's like diabetes and Aids got together for a syrupy holocaust in a carbonated tin of doom. It's the kill thing.

Ironically, Putin's stance on gay propaganda has resulted in an avalanche* of gay propaganda.

*didja see how I done made a snow reference?

I think the Winter Olympics are awesome, ever since a gay dating site paid me a 100 squids to write a press release protesting them.

Took less than an hour and all.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 23rd January 2014, 2:13 PM GMT

To repeat, all I'm asking is that 'every now and then' - not all the time, not half the time, just occasionally, that people dress appropriately.Funny you should bring up repression, nothing like repressing someone's opinion like accusing them of being a rapist. (Really Ken? The rapist card? I'm most disappointed)

Get used to disappointment. Saying "women should dress appropriately" is indeed the same rhetoric used by bigoted Muslims when they're explaining how women can avoid rape. You really should consider joining the Taliban to exercise your fondness for gun ownership and telling women to cover up in public.

* Payment by the usual method.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 6th February 2014, 11:44 PM GMT

Woody Allen gets endless praise riddled articles written about him in the national press. It's a funny old world.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/boy-ive-really-put-you-in-a-tough-spot-havent-i,34949/

Allen's relationship with his son's (non-biological) sister was certainly weird and creepy but:

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th February 2014, 12:17 AM GMT

Woody Allen allegations /../the man who started an affair with his underage adopted daughter

...he did not adopt her, and there's no evidence she was underage during the affair.