I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,446

Quote: sootyj @ 9th February 2014, 6:55 PM GMT

which reminds me DaButt is in the UK the end of March anyone fancy coming to a meetup

Good idea, provided he leaves his pistol in the USA.

which reminds me DaButt is in the UK the end of March anyone fancy coming to a meetup

That's good. He obviously doesn't think we're all total shites.

Obviously I'll be there - but only if there is a meadow.

Now back to the news -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26108597

The Swiss people have voted to repeal the EU open border policy on their country. The tide is beginning to turn and I personally blame Gordon Bennett.

Luckily in this country, we have a Tory immigration minister who has to resign because he's hiring illegals to clean his house. Remind me why our unemployment rate is so high again? Oh that's right, the rich are paying illegals a pittance instead of hiring British workers. Now I remember.

Quote: keewik @ 9th February 2014, 8:36 PM GMT

That's good. He obviously doesn't think we're all total shiites.

Well provided you don't wear the Burqa, or the suicide belt and if no one's trying to stone you to death.

Subtle.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 9th February 2014, 9:32 PM GMT

Subtle.

There's nothing subtle about a suicide belt.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th February 2014, 9:34 PM GMT

There's nothing subtle about a suicide belt.

Is that the lead article from the Gazan edition of Cosmo.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th February 2014, 9:30 PM GMT

and if no one's trying to stone you to death.

They bloody wouldn't dare! Am fae Govan - 5 foot 2 and 3/4 of aggression.

The Govan Coven

Well., where does our Supermarket meat appear from?.... some poor bastard has to kill it?....

Good point Dellas, those boars and venison get to live wild and free and then pow.
Much better than being intensively farmed.
Don't complain unless you're a vege and then you're probably too weak from being vegetarian to complain properly.

When at the end of March? Whistling nnocently

roundabout the 25th, you around then

BCG international here we go, with thou Kenneth

Quote: sootyj @ 10th February 2014, 12:31 PM GMT

roundabout the 25th, you around then

BCG international here we go, with thou Kenneth

Dang. Fly home 20th.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 9th February 2014, 1:42 PM GMT

Dirty foreigns are dirty foreigns, all they would do is pocket the money and still wipe out jungles and endangered species. That's the whole reason Prince Whitey has to step in, to try and put pressure on the Thirdy Worldies.

By Toutatis, do you seriously believe that Prince William's video message is going to make an iota of difference to the survival prospects of endangered species?

Conservation starts at home with education. Instilling sufficient pride and awareness to desire to save endangered animals. It's vital to buy up forests before they're destroyed and create well guarded national parks that local people will be proud of conserving. If a forest dweller is paid $100 by the palm oil plantation to poison elephants, he'll take it. If he's paid $1,000 to combat poachers - and if poachers get the death penalty - then animals will stand a better chance. China gave the death penalty to panda poachers when it decided pandas were worth saving.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 9th February 2014, 1:42 PM GMT

Hunting keeps species and habitats thriving, poaching does the opposite.

Chap can go tiger hunting and that doesn't mean he's helping the species or its habitat. I think the word you are looking for is culling.

Culling animals to prevent overpopulation is fine. But hunting for pleasure because you love guns and killing is unpleasant. I can boast that I have likely shot more animals from more guns than anyone else posting here - but so what? It doesn't mean a thing. It's a sick sport. Shooting a snake in the garden is one thing. Shooting a fox in the hen-house is a similar thing. But going out shooting rabbits, kangaroos, humans, tigers, wasps and prawns for pleasure is wrong. Boars should be caught the old-fashioned way.

You may enjoy this fine Australian magazine: