I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,169

I quite like Peter Hitchens. I don't agree with his politics and he always reminds me of a lizard, but it must have been tough growing up when superstar Christopher got all the attention. And although he's in the wrong on this I feel sure this mockery of his voice probably made him to flashback to bullying at school when he was having things like buckets of pig blood dropped on his head during prom night etc.

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2013, 10:41 AM GMT

I quite like Peter Hitchens. I don't agree with his politics and he always reminds me of a lizard, but it must have been tough growing up when superstar Christopher got all the attention. And although he's in the wrong on this I feel sure this mockery of his voice probably made him to flashback to bullying at school when he was having things like buckets of pig blood dropped on his head during prom night etc.

I find Hitchen's amusing. A typical example of a once extreme left winger who had a Damescian conversion to the far right. Extremists are comfortable in any extreme they choose. I wasn't a big fan of his brother, who I found pompous and intransigent, one of those atheist priests who are so sure of their unbelief they become as blinkered as the religions they criticise. Peter at least has a sense of humour and I feel secretly he's not as extreme or as barking as he appears, it seems genetic in that family to act as agent provocateurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

Quote: sootyj @ March 15 2013, 11:02 AM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

Pah, that was just a morning shower at my boarding school Teary

Quote: Pingl @ March 15 2013, 10:58 AM GMT

I find Hitchen's amusing. A typical example of a once extreme left winger who had a Damescian conversion to the far right. Extremists are comfortable in any extreme they choose. I wasn't a big fan of his brother, who I found pompous and intransigent

I think I prefer Peter to his brother who became fanatical neo-con while his right wing brother decided for once to talk a lot of pragmaitc sense on Iraq and Afghanistan.

Surprised to read that Eddie Izzard will perform a few shows in Switzerland (a World Tour?). The tickets are disgustingly expensive and I'd have to travel to Zurich or Geneva for. So, I'll probably will give this a miss.
But I wonder how his act does work outside of the English speaking world.

He did a show in France in French a fair few years ago - it was called Dressed to Circle, it was pretty good.

He performs in pretty big venues. I'd like to know the ratio between natives and Brits in exile.

So, he speaks French? This guy never stops to amaze me.

I like him, but he is a bit of a transvestite-bore at times. Although I guess it's not his fault if people ask him the same questions again and again.

There are other gay/camp comedians who make a career of talking about gay matters. You can't say that about Izzard. He's really great.

I don't think Izzard's gay, he just tends to drone on a bit in interviews about how he likes wearing womens clothes, make up etc. We get it, Eddie, don't milk it.

Married comedians talk about being married, black comedians talk about being black, Jewish comedians talk about being Jewish. Seems reasonable that a trans comedian would talk about being trans.

Used to love passing the Eddie Izzard tapes around at school. Definitive Article was my favourite, just brilliant.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ March 16 2013, 12:41 PM GMT

So, he speaks French?

He speaks it badly.

Quote: Nogget @ March 16 2013, 5:18 PM GMT

He speaks it badly.