Live At The Apollo - Series 4 Page 4

Watched it. It was very good but he needs some more material Frankie Boyle, as I was watching it and thinking "I've heard that one on Mock The Week". But watching it with my Mum, who wasn't in the slightest bit impressed, she said he was rather cold and went to bed.

Boyle was crap. He's good on MTW, but as a stand up . . . stringing all those bits together into a 'routine' . . . sheesh . . .

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 19 2008, 11:19 PM GMT

Dammit I forgot this was on.

Didn't miss much.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 19 2008, 11:51 PM GMT

Boyle was crap. He's good on MTW, but as a stand up . . . stringing all those bits together into a 'routine' . . . sheesh . . .

It wasn't crap!
Don't be meean.

I was mainly distracted by the beard though.

Boyle really needs new jokes. You could tell even the audience knew it was both recycled and loosely chained togethor. I know this show was put togethor at short notice, but the obvious recycling has long been his style. He even used the same Macy Gray joke they cut last time (I was there and he made a joke about how he knew they'd cut it back then).

What was the joke? I barely even remember it.

Quote: Aaron @ December 20 2008, 2:26 AM GMT

What was the joke? I barely even remember it.

The joke was about Macy Gray being a groupie for two different guys and Boyle offending her by saying 'Well, I hope they at least each took a different end of you'.

Quote: Gelgoog @ December 20 2008, 2:15 PM GMT

The joke was about Macy Gray being a groupie for two different guys and Boyle offending her by saying 'Well, I hope they at least each took a different end of you'.

Laughing out loud

Ah yes, that's the one. :)

Quote: zooo @ December 20 2008, 1:35 AM GMT

It wasn't crap!
Don't be meean.

Crap is being harsh actually, I agree, it wasn't crap; but it was something worse than that-it was boring.

Tickets now available for the recording of the new series:

"The show will take place at 6.30pm at The Hammersmith Apollo (nearest tube Hammersmith on the District, Piccadilly & Hammersmith & City lines) during the last week of October.

Booking is now open and you may apply via our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com"

Dan