The Wright Way Page 26

Quote: gb901 @ May 29 2013, 11:44 AM BST

What?

It was quite painful to watch!

Not here.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 29 2013, 12:09 PM BST

Well I'm pretty sure now after seeing all six that the time slot was set by the material and could not have been on earlier. Words they said and wrote, the long arm up the jacksy scene, that's not really just post watershed stuff, that's very post watershed, as light hearted as it all was.

You can see more fruity language in Mock The Week or HIGNFY. The Wright Way positively screamed 9:30pm.

I think the only post watershed thing I noticed was the photo of her ladybits ending up on Facebook storyline.

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2013, 6:08 PM BST

I think the only post watershed thing I noticed was the photo of her ladybits ending up on Facebook storyline.

And it is a bit rum how there is concern about 'adult humour' when EastEnders is pre watershed.

Quote: Hugh Pitcher @ May 29 2013, 3:25 PM BST

It beggars belief that some people enjoyed this sitsad. This was cheap, lowest common demoninator tat that could be written by a witty schoolboy.

Well believe it, and when Peter Cook was a witty schoolboy he wrote the 'one leg too few' sketch, and it's denominator by the by.

It was a poor series overall, though I thought the last episode was ok - mainly for the scene at the doctor's surgery which was very funny.

Still, halfway through the last episode is no time to start showing promise.

Quote: Pingl @ May 29 2013, 7:54 PM BST

Well believe it, and when Peter Cook was a witty schoolboy he wrote the 'one leg too few' sketch, and it's denominator by the by.

However, Peter Cook was truly talented and ahead of his time!

Quote: gb901 @ June 3 2013, 2:38 PM BST

Some might say Ben Elton is a talented man, Blackadder, Young Ones, Thin Blue Line?

Quote: Hugh Pitcher @ May 29 2013, 3:25 PM BST

It beggars belief that some people enjoyed this sitsad. This was cheap, lowest common demoninator tat that could be written by a witty schoolboy.

Hi Hugh. How cheap was it? Do you have production cost details? Or do you mean cheap in the sense that is is not refined and appeals to a broader demographic?

Quote: gb901 @ June 3 2013, 2:38 PM BST

No he f**king wasn't, he was of his time! That's what makes him special. >_<

Just heard it's been axed. Along with Heading Out and Getting On.

I have no opinion on Getting On, but in the case of The Wright Way and Heading Out, renewal would have been a triumph of college connections over sense.

Quote: Tokyo Nambu @ July 9 2013, 3:51 PM BST

I have no opinion on Getting On, but in the case of The Wright Way and Heading Out, renewal would have been a triumph of college connections over sense.

Seems Shane Allen doesn't give a f**k about college connections then. Good.

Quote: Lee Henman @ July 9 2013, 3:45 PM BST

Just heard it's been axed. Along with Heading Out and Getting On.

I'm quite surprised at that. It wasn't for me, but I thought TWW had maintained pretty decent viewing figures.

Quote: Lee Henman @ July 9 2013, 3:53 PM BST

Seems Shane Allen doesn't give a f**k about college connections then. Good.

Edinburgh, not Oxbridge. About time too.

Understandable news, but a shame all the same.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001195/bbc_comedy_axed_wright_way_getting_on_heading_out/