Spin-off suggestions? Page 3

Hello all. Watching That Mitchell and Webb Look, I thought Sir Digby Chicken Caesar was a truly great new character. I'd like to see full episodes of his quests to vanquish evil by stealing special brew etc. Give him a nemesis and a few Batman style drunken fight scenes and you'd be onto a winner, imo.

Failing that, how about a spin-off from Seinfeld, perhaps Cosmo Kramer vs Kramer, in which Kramer has to move in with Bob Sacamano (as his butler) with inevitably hilarious consequences.

Sir DCC is indeed gold, but I'm not sure that there would be quite enough there to derive a whole series from? Still, interesting thought nonetheless.

I remember reading somewhere that Coogan once planned to do a spin off show revolving around Lynn (played by Felicity Montagu). That would have been good, although I'd also like to have seen Dave Clifton (Phil Cornwell) in his own show as well. If only to give the poor bastard an existence outside the radio booth.

I got a spin-off idea but I will not say it.

The life of Dorian, by chance?

Yes.

Alf Garnett In Ghana

Quote: jake how @ February 8, 2008, 12:15 PM

Yes.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

A 'Phoenix Nights' spin-off would be most welcome, perhaps featuring the 2 doormen?

Though I'd hate to think it might not live up to expectations and turn out to be a steaming pile of arse.

Black Books spin off! Bernard looses his book shop (finally) and has to move back home. I just want to see more angry Bernard, he's funniest when he's down on his luck :)

Didn't we do this before: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1668

Still a good laugh now it's been brought up though.

Dan

I think you'll find that this is the original, and THAT one is the duplicate. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ February 8, 2008, 12:11 PM

The life of Dorian, by chance?

It was called Dorian Affairs and I thought it was quite good.

Oh, go on then, I always liked doing these :)

It Ain't Half Cold, Mum!
Global warming sitcom. The sea levels rise and arctic winters trap Stephen Mangan and Julian Rhind-Tutt bantering in a woodshed in Carlisle.

You've Been Served
Sitcom starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie as posh bailiffs creating havoc in people's lives, in this documentary-style production.

Absolutely Powerless
Charles Prentice and Martin McCabe find themselves bankrupt and hire Edwina and Patsy as fashion consultants for their new life as tramps.

Bless These Houses
Sid James gets over his old-fashioned attitude and gets into property management in a big way from new on-screen wife, Sarah Beeny.

Not Staying In
Lee Mack wins the lottery and goes partying big-time. All the jokes are lost due to the techno-beat music drowning them out. Effectively half an hour of him dancing and shagging every week.

Sensitive Skinning
Predator hunts down Joanna Lumley as she waxes lyrical about getting on a bit. Macabre.

Half A Glass of Mineral Water and A Packet of Dried Fruit
Natalie Casey and Sheridan Smith leave Runcorn to run a health spa which is repeated ad infinitum on BBC3.

You've Been Served - That sounds AMAZING. They must make it. Now.

Bless These Houses - Hahah, brilliant.

Not Staying In - I think that noise was zooo orgasming at the thought.