Spin-off suggestions? Page 2

Based on what I've read, I'm glad that I gave up on it after the first fives minutes of the first epsiode.

Another suggestion as to how they can top man-baby...Drippy bloke walks in on fat bloke wearing stockings and suspenders and sucking off a horse.

That shouldn't have made me laugh, but it did.

There are plenty more where that came from. I have emailed them to Five in an attempt to get them to commission a man-baby spinoff. You could fill an entire series with man-baby being caught in various embarrassing situations. Imagine the gimp scene in Pulp Fiction but with canned laughter and Benny Hill-style music...Spread over six fun-filled episodes. A ratings winner if ever there was one.

Mackenzie Crook once made a joke about an office spin off called Gareth Keenan Investigates.

I think Ted and Ralph from The Fast Show would have made a great spin off series. It would certainly have been better than the Swiss Toni spin off they did do.

They made it!

See Amazon product listing

How about Mrs Warboys Investigates?

I love Swiss Toni!
It took ages for it to grow on me though.

Quote: zooo @ October 25, 2006, 7:48 PM

I love Swiss Toni!
It took ages for it to grow on me though.

Yeah, me too. But then I've not really seen any more of The Fast Show than has been played on Comedy Connections and similar, so I didn't have any preconceptions or expectations.

He originally popped up on The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, Vic and Bob created him. He was trying to sell the Bra Men a car. So he's kind of a spin off from a spin off.

This could get confusing.

Vic and Bob invented everything.
Including Matt Lucas.

Yeah, well he was on the smell from time to time wasn't he? Plus didn't Marjorie Doors start off on Shooting Stars? Another spin off. Kind of.

Wasn't Up Pompeii a spinoff from a stage show?

It wasn't a direct spinoff, but it was certainly inspired by, or otherwise originated from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, which was a musical.

(Brilliant show either way though. :D)