Newsjack - Series 8 Page 24

Quote: LippyAlison @ March 2 2013, 9:38 AM GMT

Frostbite is a *funny* medical condition.

Hilarious.

Quote: Nogget @ March 2 2013, 10:29 AM GMT

Hilarious.

You know what I mean.

Quote: LippyAlison @ March 2 2013, 10:38 AM GMT

You know what I mean.

Well I don't and I do. I don't really understand why making jokes about disablement through frostbite is any different to any other sort of disability...but there again, I realise that this is just another double-standard we typically accept; just like the way racism is entirely unacceptable, unless it's to do with the French.

Quote: Nogget @ March 2 2013, 8:36 AM GMT

It's sometimes hard to judge what Newsjack considers to be taboo.

It would be interesting to see how they cover some other issues in the news recently. I'm thinking of the Amazon shirt scandal. Given that rape jokes is something of considerable debate in comedy circles for a long time already, it does make you wonder if Newsjack would cover the subject?

Quote: StephenM @ February 28 2013, 5:56 PM GMT

Oh and no Miliband recorded last night. Think after two in a row they may have give Ed a break. That and the Lib Dems were getting most of the jibes last night.

No Miliband sketch? Thats amazing. Perhaps he's getting his own series.

I've submitted a sketch that makes fun of UKIP surely it's time for more UKIP jokes now that they are attracting more votes at the ballot box. Nigel Farage and Neil Hamilton should be comedy gold.

I get the feeling that this week will be UKIP's time to shine.

I found it harder than usual to generate ideas this week - but I still managed to produce three sketches.

I struggled this week too with sketches, got two finished at 11:50am, was so happy to get them done I almost forgot to email them in.

I stayed away from the rape t-shirts story, doesn't seem like a Newsjack thing unless you've got a brilliant spin on it, that probably doesn't mention rape.

Quote: BenBroughton @ March 4 2013, 2:17 PM GMT

I stayed away from the rape t-shirts story, doesn't seem like a Newsjack thing unless you've got a brilliant spin on it, that probably doesn't mention rape.

Here's hoping my spin was brilliant!

Btw - if you're thinking of writing an Ed Miliband sketch, and it seems like many people are, check out the NJ twitter for some words of warning.

Quote: BenBroughton @ March 4 2013, 2:17 PM GMT

Well, I've written a sketch about the subject, but I did not use the "r-word" itself.

I had an idea for a Jackapp about the Amazon t-shirts but ran out of time.

I managed to get three sketches completed this week (with the last one being completed at 11:55!) and am pretty happy with them all.

You can still send JackApps/one-liners till 4pm tomorrow.

Dan

I sent a Ed miliband sketch of sorts this week. Threw him into a another story because I guessed they'd get a lot of Eastleigh/ed miliband sketches so thought I'd try to stand out

Has the 4th week lull hit the BCG forum? Very quiet on here at the moment!