Miranda - Series 3 Page 11

Ah, thanks Lofty...I quite like the knowing looks to camera, trying to think of other programmes that used that...course the film Alfie used it to great effect with Michael Caine.

Woe

You seem to be utterly obsessed with my sex life Sooty

Keep tellin ya

I'm not interested mate

We tried it the once and I didn't like it at all

Quote: Shandonbelle @ December 27 2012, 5:47 PM GMT

Ah, thanks Lofty...I quite like the knowing looks to camera, trying to think of other programmes that used that...course the film Alfie used it to great effect with Michael Caine.

I like it too

Ritchie and Eddie do it often on Bottom

Morecambe & Wise used to look to camera. Eric's constant references to Ernie's short fat hairy legs spring to mind when comparing to Miranda using her height and figure to comic effect. Clever but seemingly simple and accessible on many levels.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ December 27 2012, 5:47 PM GMT

Ah, thanks Lofty...I quite like the knowing looks to camera, trying to think of other programmes that used that...

"Filthy, Rich & Catflap", "The Young Ones", in yesterdays's episode Mrs. Brown prevented her friend from saying the word "wank" stating: "...because it's the Christmas episode...." (which is a kind of breaking the fourth wall)...oh yeah, and David Brent. ;)

Dexter

Malcolm In the Middle.

The master Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii!, Whoops Baghdad, Up The Chastity Belt, etc.

Frank Spencer.

I don't remember him doing that.

Up Pompeii! definitely, very funny it was too.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 27 2012, 8:39 PM GMT

I don't remember him doing that.

Didn't he look to camera when he was confused?

I don't think he adressed the audience...but maybe I should check that out. A nice excuse to watch my SMDAE DVDs again.

He did do a lot of that insecure looking thing but I don't think it was quite to camera, just off it. Unless the shows are panto like the ones all mentioned above, then actors' glances don't go anywhere near the camera or they'll be shouted at by a poof in a beret. (Not Frank Spencer)

Oliver Hardy was the absolute master of it though

Stan sets fire to his arse or something

And Ollie looks straight into your eyes with a look of "can you believe I have to tolerate this daft c*nt?"

Kills me