Newsjack - Series 7 Page 36

Ha I'm the spanish teacher snapping within 1 second

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 5:19 PM BST

Reminds me of the episode for Community(*) where the real experiment was to see how long people would wait for before cracking.

(* If you haven't seen Community you're missing out. Best comedy on TV at the moment. So of course no big British TV station is showing it)

It's on Sony TV somewhere up the Virgin Media guide.

He said, having never actually watched it...

Dan

A couple of minutes ago, I was greeted by this sight - Inbox (1).

It turned out to be a spammy newsletter.

Quote: swerytd @ October 25 2012, 5:24 PM BST

It's on Sony TV somewhere up the Virgin Media guide.

He said, having never actually watched it...

Dan

I never heard of it before I started writing for theshirker.com (quick plug) and I rented the series from lovefilm - worth watching Dan

If you haven't seen Community here's a measure of how good it is:

After three critically acclaimed seasons the broadcaster sacked the show's creator and bumped it to a graveyard slot on Friday night.

American TV executives only do that to the very best shows.

is this the latest they've waited before sending emails of the series?

Aaarggghhh the recorded but cut email!!

well done lippy - nothing for me. Oh well

E-mail's arrived...

... and it's the wrong one.

Must admit I'm not surprised as the sketch didn't get much from the audience last night but you always hope. (Didn't say that earlier for fear of influencing the jury).

Still not a bad series in terms of recording, have three sketches recorded. Shame only 1 and a one-liner made the edit but something to improve on for next series!

Anyone have any better luck?

Quote: LippyAlison @ October 25 2012, 5:43 PM BST

Aaarggghhh the recorded but cut email!!

I feel your pain. Do you know what was recorded?

It appears as if I've got nothing in this series of Newsjack.

Bugger.

Well at least I got the break on a sketch on - for the first time in my burgeoning career. Well done all who got recorded this series, and especially those who made the cut :D

Quote: StephenM @ October 25 2012, 5:45 PM BST

E-mail's arrived...

... and it's the wrong one.

Must admit I'm not surprised as the sketch didn't get much from the audience last night but you always hope. (Didn't say that earlier for fear of influencing the jury).

Still not a bad series in terms of recording, have three sketches recorded. Shame only 1 and a one-liner made the edit but something to improve on for next series!

Anyone have any better luck?

I feel your pain. Do you know what was recorded?

Do any of these ring a bell?

INTROS:

In Lourdes there's been serious flooding. The authorities are praying for more pilgrims than  usual to come and take the water.

Italian scientists have been jailed for misleading information over the L'Aquila earthquake. One of the wives said she's not surprised as her husband always exaggerates how much the earth will move for her.

The Black Cab company are currently in Administration but want to Zoom back into profit. They're hoping the A-Z will help them.

At the sausage manufacturing company Devro, they've issued a profits warning. Everyone's desperately trying to save their skins.

JACKAPPS:

VILLAIN: The Government says we have to do tougher sentences; this one's hard enough it's got a semi-colon.

It's about time the French started to like our food. Chicken Tikka Masala. Luuuuuvly.

LITTLE GIRL: Daddy doesn't read me bedtime stories anymore. It's not fair. He obviously reads them to mummy; she's always shouting "more more" when they go to bed.

BOY: I'm fed up with my school run by business where everything's "for-profit". The teacher made me do lines and it took me three weeks to finish the A31.

I've just deciphered the world's oldest writing. It says "if you can read this you're too close".

I went to the Star Trek convention and hated it. It was full of people dressed up silly and I couldn't understand a word they said to each other. Oh hang on that was France.

CORRECTIONS:

Corrections are like those tiny toys you get out of Kinder Eggs. No one wants to make them - but eventually you crack.  

We apologise for earlier describing George Osborne as a ticketless chancer. We did of course mean to say he was a talentless chancellor.

AND FINALLY:

And that was Newsjack from October 2012 the month in which Jeremy Hunt promised to be guided by science. His officials have apologised for the recent lack of policies but explained Jeremy was still trying to get the lid off his chemistry set.

Quote: Badge @ October 18 2012, 6:25 PM BST

I got the recorded/cut email.

Lippy I don't think it was any of them - maybe a sketch?

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ October 25 2012, 5:51 PM BST

Lippy I don't think it was any of them - maybe a sketch?

Thanks. I'll ask them.