The Walking Dead Page 24

4 minute, season 3, trailer.

Looking forward to this, but think I'll avoid that trailer. Four mins feels like it will show too much.

Yeah I hovered over the play button for a moment and then decided not to watch it. Annoyed I saw that comic on the previous page explaining who the figure in the last scene of Season 2 was!

Looks like this started again in the States last night.

Yep, just got it to watch later.

Squee

Just watched the first episode and it's pretty damn good. Won't spoil anything, but they've really cut down on the bullshit melodrama and only Rick's dumb bitch wife moans about stuff as usual and even that's been minimised.

Lots of action, tension and scares plus some groovy zombie kills. If the rest of the series carries on at this pace, then we are in for a corker.

Plus, plus - no more of that f**king farm!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 15 2012, 1:45 PM BST

only Rick's dumb bitch wife moans about stuff as usual and even that's been minimised.

They stayed quite true to the comic with her character. Prayed for the day she would become Zombie food.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 15 2012, 1:49 PM BST

They stayed quite true to the comic with her character. Prayed for the day she would become Zombie food.

Haven't read the comic, so I'm letting myself get surprised by what's happening. From what I understand, the television show isn't strictly following everything that's in the comic.

Still, I am hoping she has a zombie baby that bites her tits off.

The books are pretty brutal. I liked it in the beginning but in time it just got sick. I haven't watched the television series yet, but if they stay true to the books, you are in for some shocks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 15 2012, 1:49 PM BST

I'm hoping that's not a spoiler (from the comic), Matthew, as I haven't read it. I'm sure you wouldn't do that. :)

Just watched it and, as usual, it had me on the edge of my seat from the off. Damn those zombies!

Well if it is, there is no need to quote and bring attention to it :P

If my future enjoyment was spoiled, then so will everybody else's. :P

Quote: Imajica @ October 15 2012, 2:09 PM BST

if they stay true to the books, you are in for some shocks.

They don't.

The writers and producers like to say that they tweak things for the TV show so that readers of the comics can still enjoy some surprises.

In truth that translates to this: "We cannot get away with doing the exact same things from the comic, therefore we have to change things for the TV show.

I hope I am wrong because the current story arc being explored from the comic is one of the best. If they change too much I will stop watching the show.

Its like the comic is hardcore full-fat Coke and the TV show is some inferior diet cola. This needs to change and fast!

The first seasons were restricted by budget but this one has had shit loads poured into apparently.