The Walking Dead Page 20

The Game of Thrones TV series manages to change things from the books and still be a fantastic adaptation. The makers of the show have understood what makes the books great and the changes they make are subtle and make sense.

From what I have read on the net tonights episode of The Walking Dead is GREAT....fingers crossed. As much as I liked the mid-way season finale, I saw the ending coming from a mile off and that made it have less of an impact than I would have liked.

It sounds like only one or two people download the episodes after they have aired in the USA......one of the great things about the comic is the letters pages, they often take longer to read than the comic but feature some great debate about the storylines. In America they have a talk show that airs directly after the episodes, its called "The Talking Dead" and is great fun to watch. I am guessing these are not shown in the UK? Its a shame because this show kinda fills the role of the letter pages and is a nice companion :)

Does anyone know for definite whether the episodes shown on TV in the UK are cut/different to the original US episodes?

I can't imagine that they are, but it'd be nice to know.

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2012, 9:03 PM GMT

Does anyone know for definite whether the episodes shown on TV in the UK are cut/different to the original US episodes?

I can't imagine that they are, but it'd be nice to know.

Zooo's. Dullest. Post. Ever.

And that has some competition.

I wasn't floored by last night's episode. :|

Quote: DaButt @ February 13 2012, 3:27 PM GMT

I found it pretty dull going until the final scene.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 13 2012, 3:30 PM GMT

I found it pretty dull going until the final scene.

My feelings exactly.

Got to wait till bloody Friday.

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2012, 3:47 PM GMT

Got to wait till bloody Friday.

Or you can Pirate

Nah, too much hassle.
I'll just complain instead!

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2012, 3:51 PM GMT

Nah, too much hassle.

Yeah, it must take at least 2 mouse clicks! ;)

Quote: DaButt @ February 13 2012, 3:27 PM GMT

I thought it was okay. It needed to set up what is to come and also deal with the fallout from the previous episode.

One of the things I love about the comic is that the title "The Walking Dead" can apply to the zombies AND the human characters. The series has not yet got to the point where you genuinely feel that ANY character could die at any moment.

Its also frustrating because I would love to talk about some of the things that have happened in the comic, but because I hope they will eventually happen in the series, I cannot. I am not the type to throw spoilers about just for fun....

....I can't wait for the zombie cow scene though :O

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 13 2012, 4:23 PM GMT

Its also frustrating because I would love to talk about some of the things that have happened in the comic, but because I hope they will eventually happen in the series, I cannot. I am not the type to throw spoilers about just for fun....

I can't decide whether I should read the comic before the series ends. Self-spoilage concerns, I guess.

I would read the comics because even if some of the same things happen there is no real way of knowing when exactly they will happen in the TV series.....they tweak things to the extent that things are still a surprise, etc.

Also for anyone who is interested, Robert Kirkman had not seen 28 Days later when he wrote the first story arc so the similar start is just a coincidence.

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 13 2012, 6:39 PM GMT

I would read the comics because even if some of the same things happen there is no real way of knowing when exactly they will happen in the TV series.....they tweak things to the extent that things are still a surprise, etc.

I'm 28 issues deep and enjoying the ride. It's definitely a different beast than the television series.