Newsjack - Series 7 Page 3

Hello again!

I was going to start writing today, but I've been caught up watching/reading re Hillsborough, Libya, and I'm not in the mood to write (about other less sensitive news I've seen today, of course).

Think I might just post mine straight to critique. Gives me a better deadline.

Quote: Park Bench @ September 13 2012, 12:44 PM BST

Think I might just post mine straight to critique. Gives me a better deadline.

Laughing out loud

I'm in unusually good shape, one sketch and a couple of quickies knocked out already. Roll on week 2 apathy :)

I made a sluggish start yesterday, producing nothing except for three dodgy one liners.

However today, my fortunes have improved considerably and I've managed to come up with a couple of decent sketch ideas.

I've started too, if started means staring at my laptop, tweeting people and shouting "why aren't I funny!"

This has not gone as well as I had hoped, I'm two and out. Damn you slow news weekend.

Ah is the show next week.
Ok One liners agogo, starting nowish.

2 sketches off, but it gets harder every time.

I'm getting old. So very old.

Anyone else think that the 'Breast fixated' slice is going to be considerably larger this week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2010/02/newsjack_special_guests.shtml

Yes.

Tits!

I've not written about them boobs once! I'm sure there are MILLIONS of boob sketches hitting the Newsjack inbox right now!

Although I've only submitted one sketch. I couldn't think of anything...been busy too. Brain mangle. Even XFactor...mmmmuuuuuurrrrrrr...ya know.

Much like the British Press I decided to stay well clear of the Duchess's breasts this week. Impressed myself by over-writing for the first time ever - I wrote 4 and sent off 3.

Even more impressed given the week's news has been pretty much:

People being killed in Afghanistan (Avoid)
Hillsborough (Avoid at all costs)
Islamic protests (Let's look at options 1 & 2 again)
Future queen's chest area (Well covered - insert own pun here)

And I guess when 12 noon ticks by we can ask each other what topics we went for.

Through sheer perseverance I managed to churn out three sketches.

It was tough - almost every story I came across was either too morbid or too sensitive for Newsjack to cover.

Sent my three sketches off. One's somewhat sexual, but there's no mention of boobs.