Newsjack - Series 6 Page 71

I seem to have struggled with ideas all series. Think I need to review how I write. At least I've got all summer to figure it.

Well done everyone who got on this series. And well done to all the people who had a go.

:)

Quote: amarsandhu @ March 29 2012, 7:00 PM BST

Another recorded but not used email. No credit this series but was recorded three times so that'll keep me going for now.

With that record I'd be saying my material was in half of the recordings for this series :)

My first series ended with a score of one recorded but not broadcast which I ought to be pleased about and so will inspire me to aim higher for series 7. Well done to all who are on tonight.

Alison x

Hooray - I seem to have scraped in.

So, I bookended the series with a credit for eps 1 and 6. This one's a massive relief after starting to think I was going backwards.

Well done rad1ation and blah blah too.

Well done all.

I'm in as well. Proof that it pays to keep on submitting - I had nothing in the first 3 weeks, then something in shows 4 and 6. Obviously I put that down to increasing my standard rather than any (clearly fictitious) end of series lull...

Congrats to all those who got things on this week or earlier in the series. To those missing out, I didn't get anything in my first 3 or 4 open door series submitted to, so keep going!

P.S. the congrats e-mail confirms the show will return in the autumn, so that's great news

Well I hope all the Newsjackers stick around on the foruns rather than...

Oh they've all gone.

See you in the Autumn

Mine was the Olympic Relief sketch. Can't take too much credit as they did a great rewrite and added a lot of better lines!

Blimey, that's quick - maybe you'll have more than one thing in! I'm going to listen later. Well done The Prod.

EDIT: oops, for some reason I thought it started at 11 tonight. So hopefully that explains my post above.

Well done everyone who was broadcast or recorded!

In fact, well done everyone this series. I think the perseverance seemed higher than before on this board!

Dan

Flip - they used my sketch (the "democracy for sale" Newsjack shop one)!

Well done to everyone who got stuff on or recorded - and to those who didn't but stuck with it anyway. Speaking as someone who's done 3 series with absolutely zilch I think that's the key.

Out of interest, does anyone who went to the last recording remember any sketches comparing Itv's Titanic to Dancing on Ice, a sketch on Simon Cowell speaking to his burglar like he was auditioning or a James Bond money saving sketch?

I was trying to work out what was used but not broadcast. It's not important but I like to know what worked and what didn't for future reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boom, done!

Some really high quality stuff this series, so well done if you got something on or made the recording. If you didn't, don't worry, it's still a very useful exercise.

Nothing beats having this kind of deadline and the prize of having your work broadcast by the BBC to focus your mind and hone your skills. If you stuck with it throughout the series, I can guarantee you've added some new skills to your repertoire that you didn't have six weeks ago.

I spent this weekend in a massive ball of rage and stress after being screwed on a house purchase, so my mind wasn't on it, and I didn't have as much time as I wanted to dedicate to writing this week, hence only one sketch sent. On Tuesday morning, I didn't really have any one liners to speak of, but I spent an hour at lunchtime going through the news and working out my ideas, and by the end of that I had about 12 I was happy with. Now, I don't think they're my best work, but a year ago, I would've struggled to even find that many jokes in an hour. So, if you didn't get anything on this series, don't be disheartened, there is a lot of competition, and you're in a better position as a writer than you were at the start of the series...

Quote: amarsandhu @ March 30 2012, 11:12 AM BST

Out of interest, does anyone who went to the last recording remember any sketches comparing Itv's Titanic to Dancing on Ice, a sketch on Simon Cowell speaking to his burglar like he was auditioning or a James Bond money saving sketch?

I was trying to work out what was used but not broadcast. It's not important but I like to know what worked and what didn't for future reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you drop the producers a polite e-mail they usually tell you. Although this is the last day of school for the NJ team so send it off quick!

Oh and don't go away yet, they've promised us stats today! I know, I'm excited!

Just me then?

Didn't submit any sketches this week, so knew it would be a one-liner of some sort, turned out to be the Titanorak correction.

Quote: StephenM @ March 30 2012, 12:41 PM BST

If you drop the producers a polite e-mail they usually tell you. Although this is the last day of school for the NJ team so send it off quick!

Oh and don't go away yet, they've promised us stats today! I know, I'm excited!

Just me then?

Yeah I emailed Lyndsey just after she emailed me but I haven't heard back. I fear she may have done what I do just before a week off, and sent the emails and then ran from her desk as quickly as possible. Alas I'll wait and see.

Not stats? Yes!