Newsjack - Series 6 Page 73

Bit of a delayed response to all this; Had to reformat my laptop over easter, as it wasn't working well before the start of newsjack and by the end I had a good 60% chance of it blue-screening on boot...

Still, belated congrats to everyone who got on, even more congrats to those who kept submitting despite not making it; at least we all seem to have fun writing for it (mostly).

An as a final point - Dave Cohen's doing a 'Writing comedy for Radio' course in a couple of weeks which apparently still has a few places left. Seems like it should be pretty useful if you're trying to write for Newsjack - more here.

Another delayed response, sorry...

I did both days of the Dave Cohen/James Cary writing course last year.
If you haven't done these courses yet, you should go.
I got a lot out of it, it was so worthwhile. The exercises on the day were very effective, I discovered I could do things that I didn't realise I was capable of, and wouldn't have thought to attempt if I didn't do the course.

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ April 17 2012, 12:03 PM BST

Another delayed response, sorry...

I did both days of the Dave Cohen/James Cary writing course last year.
If you haven't done these courses yet, you should go.
I got a lot out of it, it was so worthwhile. The exercises on the day were very effective, I discovered I could do things that I didn't realise I was capable of, and wouldn't have thought to attempt if I didn't do the course.

Thanks for the post. I'm thinking about entering these courses, but just didnt know if it would be effective and helpful. But I think I might do it now :D

anyone know when to expect the pay?

Can someone please point me in the direction of valid links to these podcasts...I can't find any. I'm sure they're right in front of me...next to the gingernuts and I'll feel incredibly stupid (again) once you've pointed them out to me, but...

Please?

Quote: Joyce @ August 7 2012, 11:47 AM BST

Can someone please point me in the direction of valid links to these podcasts...I can't find any. I'm sure they're right in front of me...next to the gingernuts and I'll feel incredibly stupid (again) once you've pointed them out to me, but...

Please?

Podcast are always on this page. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/newsjack

Trouble is, there are none available as they only keep them on there for a certain amount of time.

Well...I've found some examples on YouTube, so I'm trying to get an idea from them. Thanks anyway. It will be interesting to see how series 7 works out.

There were also some complete shows up on Spotify last time I checked, not sure how long they'll be available for, they don't exactly look legit...

Does anyone know when the next series starts?

Quote: Chickenellie @ August 19 2012, 5:00 PM BST

Does anyone know when the next series starts?

From the email sent by the producers at the end of the last series:

There will be another series in the Autumn - we don't have the exact
dates confirmed yet, but will publish them on the website and on Twitter
once they're decided.

Can't be too far off from them doing just that I'd have thought?

They've said "September" on Twitter.

Justin Edwards replied to me on Twitter a few weeks back, he thinks the first episode will be on 20th September (so a 17th Sept deadline for sketches, 18th for one liners, if they're going on the same schedules).

fanks guys! Better start predicting what'll be in the news in a few weeks time

The Prince's New Clothes? Idea for a sketch?

Thursday 20 September
BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA
Newsjack

Newsjack is Radio 4 Extra's flagship topical comedy show, featuring an open-door policy - which means anyone can write for it. It is a showcase for new comedy writing - anyone can submit material, and the programme accepts sketches and one-line jokes every week of the six-week run.

Hosted by Justin Edwards (In & Out of the Kitchen, The Old Guys) and featuring the vocal skills of Margaret Cabourn-Smith, Pippa Evans, Lewis MacLeod, Cariad Lloyd and Nadia Kamil.

The show has discovered and nurtured new writing talent. Writers include Ben Partridge (creator of It's Your Round), Eddie Robson, (creator of the newly commissioned Radio 2 sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully), and Nadia Kamil (The Now Show 2012 - Live).
Ep 1/6

Thursday 20 September

10.30-11.00pm

BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA