Newsjack - Series 6 Page 51

'Sharpener' won't confuse a bunch of writers, will it?

:)

Dan

Anyone who gets *that* email this week will have a good bunch of BCG-ers to blame it seems! (Hopes he hasn't jinxed it...) Have fun chaps!

Extremely jealous of those going tonight. Have fun, get drunk and provide lots of embarrassing stories tomorrow.

Enjoy, attendees. Hopefully I'll be about for the episode 6 recording!

I just wanted it say hi to all the lovely people I met tonight at the after show drinks where many of us drowned our sorrows for not making the script tonight. Amazing how few of you look like your photos :)

Alison x

It was a good evening. Nice to meet/ catch up again with some forum members.

I missed my train by 1 1/2 minutes. Work will be hard work tomorrow and I doubt either of the people I am interviewing will get a job...

What sketches were performed?

What are you looking out for, Grooveydude?

Yeah, it was a long recording (just over an hour) so half of that is not going in the broadcast!

Lot of good stuff though, even though none of it was mine </gritted teeth>

Great to meet everyone last night. Apologies if I only said hello/didn't talk much but that pub was crammed!

Dan

Quote: Big Jack @ March 14 2012, 3:05 PM GMT

I'm on my way up from Bristol as we type.

I didn't know you were in Bristol Big Jack, I'd discounted going as I can't easily get there without taking the day off work, and it's always a struggle to make a sensible train back after these recordings. Still maybe collectively we'd...

Quote: Big Jack @ March 14 2012, 11:34 PM GMT

I missed my train by 1 1/2 minutes.

Never mind.

Anyone want to tease the topics of the stand out sketches/jokes? Or spill the ugly beans on other forum goers?

Big Jack is only 4 foot 3...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 15 2012, 10:38 AM GMT

Big Jack is only 4 foot 3...

Dan

Whoop! That was my sketch.

I can't recall them too well now, as it's the morning after the night before but ...

The Diary of Eric Joyce - keeps visiting places that make him think of Tories, like Observatories, and beats people up.

Runner about Claire Balding commentating on events like Crufts and the Peruvian naked cycle rally, and referring to the dogs/bikes etc, as "little horses".

Runner where Obama makes first phone calls to Cameron in different situations, including his phone ringing by mistake when he's about to have sex with Michelle.

Due to Deal or No Deal being banned, it's transferred to shady, criminal underworld location, with dodgy prizes and threatening dealer.

Government-sponsored Advert for red-meat designed to deliberately make it sound disgusting.

Bear Grylls sketch.

Olympic restaurant is organised along ticket allocation lines, with some people only getting mayonnaise to eat, and others having twenty courses.

Alcoholic in AA meeting describes how LSD had helped her, assisted by red dragons etc.

Prince Harry is briefed for his tour, on how to get down with the guys.

Woman keeps losing jobs for wearing inappropriate religious symbols, including tying herself to a crucifix in the bike sheds.

Ed Miliband demonstrates NuLabour's workfare scheme, by employing youths to clean his teeth etc.

Chess sketch about the ban on cleavage at tournaments, leads to over-excited chess commentators.

Surprising lack of female mutilation sketches.

Good luck tonight.

Thanks John - much appreciated, although sadly the LSD sketch rules out both my sketch on that subject plus my JackApp...

Also rules out my sketch too... damn!