The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 58

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

Does toadying get one anywhere here??

:)

Oh yes it does, but some of us can manage to not make the shortlist quite well without it thank you. :P

Damn, now they tell me! :(

Quote: evan rubivellian @ February 28 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

Yes, it's the glimmer of hope that our script will be chosen that causes all the heartache. I just hope that my script was read by Simon-the good cop, as it were.

Evan, we both read all of the scripts, so Simon will have read it and possibly liked it, while I will have merely printed it out and stuck it under the wonky leg on our kitchen table.

For the astute among you, you will have seen that the long list is being delayed until Saturday 3rd March.

We want to give every script as much time as possible, so you'll all have to wait another couple of days I'm afraid. You've all invested your time and money in this and we want you all to have a fair read.

We're not going to rush things and, because we have the power to move the deadline, we shall.

Quote: Declan @ February 28 2012, 4:40 PM GMT

Evan, we both read all of the scripts, so Simon will have read it and possibly liked it, while I will have merely printed it out and stuck it under the wonky leg on our kitchen table.

I knew you were the bad cop! Laughing out loud

Couldn't you just increase the long list to 36?

Quote: Declan @ February 28 2012, 5:13 PM GMT

For the astute among you, you will have seen that the long list is being delayed until Saturday 3rd March.

We want to give every script as much time as possible, so you'll all have to wait another couple of days I'm afraid. You've all invested your time and money in this and we want you all to have a fair read.

We're not going to rush things and, because we have the power to move the deadline, we shall.

What about doing it by Raffle ticket? You could charge another tenner (50% to me for the idea) and I might actually stand a chance of making the longlist.

Just a thought. Cool

Hi. At first you said that "the SHORTLIST will be announced on 29th of February", but now is the LONGLIST which it is scheduled for 3rd March. How come? I don't get it

Quote: hiddenul @ February 28 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

Hi. At first you said that "the SHORTLIST will be announced on 29th of February", but now is the LONGLIST which it is scheduled for 3rd March. How come? I don't get it

If you're on it you won't care what it's called.

Quote: Gill S @ February 28 2012, 7:10 PM GMT

If you're on it you won't care what it's called.

Yeah, you're pretty right but I wanted to know what is the main difference between these two. The shortlist is supposed to have like 16 finalists and the longlist - 32?

My understanding of the rules is that there is a longlist first of 32.

They get feedback and the opportunity to resubmit.

The longlist is then knocked down to the final 16.

The longlist should have been annoced on 29th Feb but has been put back a few days because of number of top notch entries and so the process isn't rushed.

Simples.

Quote: bigfella @ February 28 2012, 7:13 PM GMT

My understanding of the rules is that there is a longlist first of 32.

They get feedback and the opportunity to resubmit.

The longlist is then knocked down to the final 16.

The longlist should have been annoced on 29th Feb but has been put back a few days because of number of top notch entries and so the process isn't rushed.

Simples.

That's a very glass-half-full way of looking at it. I like it.

Of course, there's always the other option that they don't have enough "top notch" entries to make a longlist, and are having to spend extra time sifting back through the OK ones to look for something with a glimmer of potential...!!

I'll get my coat.

Does no-one else find it quite unprofessional, disrespectful and hypocritical that the longlist date has been delayed?

I'm sure there was indeed a clause in the rules that says they "can" move the date if necessary...

But when some writers were asking on here around 31st January "can we extend the deadline a day?", they were told in no uncertain terms, "pfft, nooo you fools, you knew the deadline you were working to". And those were the paying customers.

But now, the guys who are PAID can't meet the deadline. And they just say 'oh, we're moving it a few days later because we can'. No respect given to the writers. Not a "we're really sorry, it's our fault, we messed up and didn't do our job". (Saying they want to give as much time to the scripts is a lame-arsed, nothingness reason. Why not delay it 6 months if you really need time?) Just, "we're moving it" delivered in Declan's usual arrogant tone to feed his own insatiable ego.

Sorry, but someone had to say it...and everyone is too scared to upset the judges...

On the deadline put back, I would imagine some minds are made up and some in disagreement over a few scripts rather than it being a case of not having read them, I bet they're sick of rereading some. I don't think it's just those two deciding, but I could be wrong. I certainly get your frustration, that extra 3 days will hurt but I'm sure they're only doing it to get the best scripts through.

Quote: bluer than blue @ February 28 2012, 5:59 PM GMT

Couldn't you just increase long list to 36?

I think that's a very good idea myself. You still get only 16 through and a few more people get the practice of rewriting and the nice feeling of having been longlisted. And stops a lot of nerves being frayed, especially Haywire's.

As I recognise some names up there I can't resist asking what they wrote. BF, was yours historical? Marc, was yours crime? Now they're going to ask me if mine was rubbish. Angry

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 29 2012, 8:34 AM GMT

As I recognise some names up there I can't resist asking what they wrote. BF, was yours historical? Marc, was yours crime? Now they're going to ask me if mine was rusbbish. Angry

:O How did you guess?

Was yours rubbish?