The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 54

Quote: Twitchy @ February 18 2012, 9:52 PM GMT

How do you find actors to audition?

At the risk of sounding desperate, that is definitely a casting call I would have answered, and have a relatively good acting CV

We put a call out to selected agents.

Why don't you PM me with your CV and Spotlight link?

Ooooo, nine days left... Errr

Hi all

We're just finalising dates for the Quarter-finals, but they should be:

April 5, 12, 19 and 26 at a new, central London venue.

The Semi-finals and Grand Final dates at the New Diorama Theatre are:

Semi-final 1 Monday April 30
Semi-final 2 Tuesday May 1

Grand Final Show 1 Wednesday May 2
Grand Final Show 2 Thursday May 3

We sold the Grand Final out in 36 hours the last two years and had to turn lots of people away, so we've added an extra date this year.

Book early to avoid disappointment:

http://newdiorama.com/whats-on-at-new-diorama.aspx?id=129

Cheers, Dec

So - is the winner announced at the first grand final or the second grand final?

Quote: andyblacksheep @ February 21 2012, 5:24 PM GMT

So - is the winner announced at the first grand final or the second grand final?

Possibly the third! We've got an option to take the Friday as well if Wednesday and Thursday sell out quickly.

The Industry Grand Final will be on the Wednesday at 5pm.

Wow. That's a long week. So the winner is decided on Wednesday but presumably not revealed till Friday? Hope your actors have nerves of steel!

Quote: andyblacksheep @ February 22 2012, 12:17 PM GMT

Wow. That's a long week. So the winner is decided on Wednesday but presumably not revealed till Friday? Hope your actors have nerves of steel!

Actors!
What about the writers?

Quote: bluer than blue @ February 22 2012, 2:20 PM GMT

Actors!
What about the writers?

I know, cruel isn't it? Woooo-ha-ha-ha.

What I can tell you is that Lucy Lumsden, Head of Comedy at Sky TV, has confirmed that she'll be on the judging panel at the Industry Grand Final on May 2nd.

Update:

We've decided to open up the Friday as a Grand Final day now. We'll be making the announcement of the winner at the end of the 7.30 show on Friday 4 May.

Cheers all, have fun.

The latest judge we are very proud to announce is...

Sarah Farrell, Director of Content at Comedy Central.

Ok, I'm bored of being the only person posting on here.

Can you help me out please?

Does anyone know of a sitcom series that starts with someone on the phone, presenting a whole bunch of exposition? Eg;

"Hello, Rubbish Recruitment, how can I help? I'm sorry, Mr Rubbish, the handsome yet wayward managing director, isn't in right now. No, his brother, the late 30s/early 40s balding man with a beer belly isn't in either, and hasn't been seen since he lost all of their inheritence in a poker game with Sly Jim who works in Rancid Recruitment opposite late last year."

I can't think of a single one, but I may very well be wrong.

Help please!

Victor Meldrew did it in one ep. WIth the plant I think.

I remember that opening scene! It's from "All Quiet on the Action Front" and it's the episode called "Never Show When You Can Tell".

Quote: Declan @ February 23 2012, 3:49 PM GMT

Ok, I'm bored of being the only person posting on here.

Can you help me out please?

Does anyone know of a sitcom series that starts with someone on the phone, presenting a whole bunch of exposition? Eg;

"Hello, Rubbish Recruitment, how can I help? I'm sorry, Mr Rubbish, the handsome yet wayward managing director, isn't in right now. No, his brother, the late 30s/early 40s balding man with a beer belly isn't in either, and hasn't been seen since he lost all of their inheritence in a poker game with Sly Jim who works in Rancid Recruitment opposite late last year."

I can't think of a single one, but I may very well be wrong.

Help please!

Give it a few days you won't be bored then. Well... you might be, but not for that reason.

As the announcement date gets closer and closer and the tension starts to mount,
may I be the first to say f..k f..k b..llocks f..k w..k.
(Apologies to any ladies watching)