Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 8

The only bit I liked in the 1st half was the moon saying he wasn't in this show, the rest did nothing for me. The worst bit by far was the cooking segment and then going up to the moon. The second half was a bit better. I liked the pele sequence and the guy dancing to Sherlock Holmes on the radio was nice. The lion was ok in places. I thought it was very much hit and miss with more misses than hits but there were 3 or 4 fun bits.

Gotta say, the British knack for "zany" comedy just went up its own arse last night. I love eccentric personalities and such, but this Fielding offering came across as too surreal for its own good. As if a crap posturing A-Level art student's performance was unleashed before his/hers tutors as they fidgeted and scowled, plotting revenge.
Was there wit or genuinely funny snappy dialogue in the second half? I couldn't be bollocked to watch it all. There's always room for intelligent critique, but in this case a simple "shit" should surely surmise.

Reminded me a lot of Banana Splits, was waiting for the Arabian Nights cartoon.

Did it make me laugh? Not really.

But did it make me want to turn over, again not really.

Was strangely enthralled.

Noel's Tweet: "The ratings for Luxury comedy were great! And apart from the occasional internet grump the reaction has been magical!"

Aw. Well I'm glad if the ratings were good and there were people who did like it.

Quote: zooo @ January 27 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

Noel's Tweet: "The ratings for Luxury comedy were great! And apart from the occasional internet grump the reaction has been magical!"

Aw. Well I'm glad if the ratings were good and there were people who did like it.

This is the funniest thing he's written. He should put it in the show.

Oh dear God almighty. What the f**k what that?

Not even one smile.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 27 2012, 10:04 PM GMT

This is the funniest thing he's written. He should put it in the show.

:D

On a personal level, you do have to feel a bit sorry for artists nowadays. Nobody ever sets out to make a turkey, and with the internet they get their face rubbed in the failure again and again and again. In the old days they could dismiss it as a few embittered TV critics, but now they can log onto any website and see the online masses slagging them off. It was shit, though.

Quote: chipolata @ January 27 2012, 10:13 PM GMT

On a personal level, you do have to feel a bit sorry for artists nowadays. Nobody ever sets out to make a turkey, and with the internet they get their face rubbed in the failure again and again and again. In the old days they could dismiss it as a few embittered TV critics, but now they can log onto any website and see the online masses slagging them off. It was shit, though.

Well, they could always just not look. If I was an artist I wouldn't really care what a bunch of c**ts on the internet say.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ January 27 2012, 10:14 PM GMT

Well they could always just not look?

We'd all peek at what people were saying, terrible mistake of course, but we'd all do it. At first at least.

I'd look, then cry myself to sleep and vow to never look again.
But I still would.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ January 27 2012, 10:14 PM GMT

Well they could always just not look? If I was an artist I wouldn't really care what a bunch of c**ts on the internet say.

Yeah, you would. Artists are even needier than normals.

I feel bad now for not liking it :(

Quote: Shandonbelle @ January 27 2012, 10:21 PM GMT

I feel bad now for not liking it :(

I'm sure Noel will get over it by snorting coke off some fan girls arse cracks as he pisses away his massive Channel 4 fee on face paint and platform boots.

Judging from the fact he's looked healthier lately and less like an albino dying crow, I reckon/like to think he's given up the sherbert.

Maybe he should go back on it, he might have been funnier high. Then again, he is 38 years old, some paunch is bound to come into his life.

Great, now I've called him a fat, old, unfunny, drug addict. I am not proud.