Radio Rejects-writing opportunity Page 22

Quote: Afinkawan @ September 12 2011, 9:43 AM BST

I can't make the 4th October unfortunately as I'll be away on a training course.

I can try to arrange to meet up with someone for a quick pint and a lend of my digital recorder?

Are you still calling it Radio Rejects or are you changing the name?

If so, my suggestion is John Finnemore's Ignoring All My Suggestions.

Laughing out loud So agree!

just sent my three sketches in. keep my fingers crossed

Ooops. Must send a sketch or two.

Me too!

Dan

Couple of sketches away. Might try for another tomorrow if the muse strikes.

Hi Guys! Just a reminder that Radio Rejects is on this Tuesday at 8PM at the Albany. Sadly it will be our last time at the Albany, which will no longer be a comedy venue. So come join us for our last hurrah there. Happily, we will continue in November at the Canal Cafe in Little Venice on Wednesday 2 November.

We have already chosen sketches for next week's show. We are doing less as we are also doing a half hour sitcom, "Paul Hinton, Lord of all Beasts" by Dale Shaw. It's going to be a great night.

Please keep sending us sketches and sitcoms for future shows!

Many thanks as always.

Quote: Lydia Parker @ September 29 2011, 3:09 PM BST

We have already chosen sketches for next week's show. We are doing less as we are also doing a half hour sitcom,

Have the selected people been emailed/informed yet, Lydia?

Thanks

Had an E-mail earlier this week that I have a sketch in the show next week. Many thanks to Lydia.

Ah right. :(

Shame about losing the Albany - it is a really nice venue. If anyone is thinking of going it is an excellent night out. Mo & Lyd and the boys are terrific performers, the sketches are consistantly laugh out loud funny, and a new sitcom by Dale should in itself be worth the (very reasonable) price of admission. You might also bump into a BCGer or two.

And if anyone submitted material without success there is no better way to learn what is wanted than watching sketches performed. The show is also a lot more enjoyable to watch if you are not gnawing your fingernails waiting to see if your sketch dies on its arse.

The other good thing is that, as there's no specific brief or theme to the show, it's a very eclectic mix of sketches - pretty much any style or subject gets done as long as it is funny.

So yes, very good for seeing what works.

I submitted nowt this time but I'm going because it's a good night out. Possibly a better one because I submitted nowt.

I submitted loads but don't think I've got owt on. But I'm going anyway, cos it's a good night and I'm a sucker for a big writers' love-in.

Big writers are the best!

Dan

This is tonight, isn't it? Before I hoon into London to find no-one there...

Dan

Yes. 8pm at The Albany.