Radio Rejects-writing opportunity Page 26

Hi Guys,
Just a reminder that we changed the date of the next Radio Rejects to Tuesday 6 December at Canal Cafe. We will be featuring "Shelf Life" by Griff Phillips and Gary Bainbridge. It would be really great if as many writers as possible could come along to support them. Maureen and I really valued the comments from our fellow writers who came to see last month's "The Past Lives of Pauline" - it helped enormously with our rewrites. Plus you'll have a great time and get to hang out with your writer buddies!

There is still time to send in sketches. This month we're accepting Christmas themed sketches as well actual radio rejects. So send them over to lydia.parker27@gmail.com and maureen@oakeley.freeserve.co.uk. Thanks!

It's looking less likely that I'll be there now. My training course is 7-9th not 5-7th.

But I will be coming down on the evening of the 6th so I may get there in time.

I'll have to come straight from the train so apologies in advance for any holdall-full-of-a-week's-clothes slapstick style shenanigans.

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 16 2011, 12:05 PM GMT

Turns out I had my gadget with me, not at home so here we go:

November Radio Rejects

Hi Mark,

I've clicked on the link for the November RR, but it doesn't link to anything. Is there something I neeed to do to make it work.

ps thanks for recording and posting.

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 24 2011, 9:49 PM GMT

Hi Marc,

I've clicked on the link for the November RR, but it doesn't link to anything. Is there something I need to make it work.

Er...yes. Some software capable of playing mp3s. ;)

It should just open in media player or something. Or you should be able to right click/save as to download it.

Anybody else having a problem with it?

Have notification emails been sent out to the successful writers yet?

Not yet! I'll let everyone know this evening. Thanks!

Quote: Lydia Parker @ December 4 2011, 2:42 PM GMT

Not yet! I'll let everyone know this evening. Thanks!

Thanks for the update.

Bollocks. Am full of cold and can't go tomorrow. Sorry, but would cough all over the sketches and ruin everything. That and no energy.

:(

Dan

Get well soon.

Dan.

:( I'm the same, missed this chance, but will contribute next time honest, good luck on the night.

It was a fabulous night at Radio Rejects, full of festive cheer and a big audience- hurrah! For all you coldy writers who couldn't make it, hope you get better soon! There will probably be a recording of the show posted. Griff and Gary's sitcom "Shelf Life" went down a treat as did all the sketches. So well done to all involved!

Writers, if you care about the future of Radio Rejects please send us your sitcoms and sketches! We hope to keep going in the new year but need your help. As always send your stuff to lydia.parker27@gmail.com and maureen@oakeley.freeserve.co.uk

We will hopefully be back at the Canal Cafe in early February. Meantime, Happy Christmas to all!

Any news on when Radio Rejects is returning?

Hello dear writers!
I would love to continue Radio Rejects but we have received sketches from only a couple of writers. I'm afraid the sitcoms we have received are not yet in good enough shape to be performed, so we would like to go back to just doing sketches for the meantime. We may well have a flood of fabulous sitcoms in March which are Sitcom Mission rejects, but we may not. Please keep sending us what you've got- only your best material, please, and only three samples of sketches or one sitcom if we don't know your writing. If we like what we see, we will ask for more. Please bear in mind we finance these shows ourselves, are busy with other projects and do this because it's fun, not because we make any money from it! So, if you would like to give your radio reject a second life, send it over: lydia.parker@btinternet.com and maureen@oakeley.freeserve.co.uk. Thanks!

I've just submitted a couple of sketches.

Does anyone know if a show is still planned for March?