Radio Rejects-writing opportunity Page 24

Thanks for the reply. Was wondering more if they present the sketches like a collection of this year's/season's/month's writings, i.e. if I think a sketch is funny but it's no longer in the news would it be worth sending it in? Don't want them to get fed up reading through my pile if it doesn't fit criteria!

No, it's not topical, so send them some funny sketches. You need to send Lydia and Maureen three sketches first, if you've never sent anything before btw, so they can 'judge' you ;)

Dan

Sounds joyous, cheers!

Quote: AJGO @ October 18 2011, 3:00 PM BST

Sounds joyous, cheers!

They are. Very nice people. Send them your stuff.

Quote: KLRiley @ October 18 2011, 4:59 PM BST

They are. Very nice people. Send them your stuff.

Aw, thanks for the encouragement

Hi Guys,
Just to remind you that Radio Rejects is on this Wednesday at 7.30PM at the Canal Cafe, our new home. It's easy to find- tube to Warwick Avenue and a short walk from there. This month we'll be featuring our own radio sitcom "The Past Lives of Pauline." We'd really appreciate the support and comments of the radio rejects writers. It's not yet been rejected- we're trying to get it into good shape before we send it out!

We'll also have sketches written by all of you, so please keep sending them in- you've got a couple of days still before we make up our short list. We're also still looking for sitcoms for future shows. Radio sitcoms would be best but if not, at least ones that can be read radio style without a lot of visual references. Email to lydia.parker27@gmail.com and maureen@oakeley.freeserve.co.uk.

Do please join us on the 2 November. It was great to see so many of you at the last show. If you missed it, I have started a Radio Rejects facebook page with a recording of Dale Shaw's sitcom, "Paul Hinton, Lord of all the Beasts" on it. Hope to see you on Wednesday!

Oh shame
It's my Mums Birthday on the 2nd.
I really wanted to make it this time as well.

Oh well next time for sure.

Lydia: If we don't hear back from you, is that a rejection? Or does it take a while to get back to everyone?

Dale's sitcom Paul Hinton, Lord of all the Beasts was well worth a listen/download by the way.

Here's the Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Rejects/246661228716030?ref=ts

Dan

We haven't made up the short list yet for sketches- I will definitely let you know if you have a sketch in as soon as I know!

Hope you are booking your babysitters, cancelling your dentist appointments, paying off your probation officers, doing whatever you can to get to Canal Cafe on Wednesday!

I will do my best to come along next Wednesday, as it will probably be my last one. I'm moving oop t'North.

Although I might be back in London in December for a training course, so if the next one is on the 7th, I might be able to get along to that.

So I'm afraid, if you want recordings in the future, someone is going to have to invest in some technology! For reference purposes, I've been recording on a Zoom H2.

I'll try to get the recording of October's Radio Rejects up as well. Been a bit busy recently!

Oh no! You can't leave us! What will Radio Rejects do without you? For those of you who can make it on Wednesday I think we need to have a big farewell drink for Marc, who is not only a talented writer but a lovely human being.

The next show is actually 30 November- we thought we'd avoid December and the whole Christmas thing. Bummer. Anyway, don't stop writing just because you'll be up north- I believe they have pens up there!

I'll be there Wednesday.

Dan

any one heard if they've got something in on wednesday?

I'm in!