Radio Rejects-writing opportunity Page 19

Hence the word 'usually' in that sentence...

Basically they tell you beforehand in some form!

when's the next deadline?

You will find out before the show if you have a sketch in! Even if it's late at night and I forget to attach the running order, but I think those who were emailed figured it out..Anyway, there is still one more show of Radio Rejects as we know it so please get those sketches into us now: lydia.parker27@gmail.com and maureen@oakeley.freeserve.co.uk.

We would like to continue in the autumn but with a slightly new format and perhaps a slightly adjusted name. Once we've sorted out the details I will let you know. But as I've said we can't continue if we don't get your support as an audience, so please if you live in or near London make the effort to come to the show, come say hello and come have a good time!

July's show will now have the added bonus of an opportunity to see The Real McGuffins, Dan March's acclaimed comedy sketch group, doing an Edinburgh preview at 7PM. Then Dan will take a breather and jump in again to do Radio Rejects at 8PM. The multi-talented Daniel Carter Hope will be away again for July but we are lucky to have the incredibly skilled Frank Threapleton-Horrocks joining us again.

See you there!

Who else is going to this last one?

I'm going to try to get there early to see the Real MacGuffins as well.

I'm coming. Will try get there for MacGuffins but might miss that.

Dan

Quote: Afinkawan @ July 4 2011, 10:30 AM BST

Who else is going to this last one?

I'm going to try to get there early to see the Real MacGuffins as well.

Me too.

I'm planning to go along, although Dan and I have never yet managed to meet at a show, so one of us will undoubtedly drop out by Weds

Woohoo! Finally going to meet you--<cough, cough, splutter, atchoo!>

Dan

I have a diary conflict, but If that can be resolved then, yes, and I'll aim to arrive early.

I have a sketch being performed apparently (Movie Hero v Ordinary bloke) but sadly can't make it myself as my other half is going to see Take bleeding That at Wembley and we don't have a babysitter. I guess now it's time, for me to give up, I feel it's time.

Anyone reporting back on last night's show?

The Real Macguffins were very funny, Radio Rejects was very funny. There was a decent sized audience who were in a very good mood and some excellent company in the form of a bunch of BCGers.

I was slightly confused when I jumped on the tube on the way home and found it packed with middle-aged women who all seemed to have capacitors drawn on their faces.

The confusion lifted when I noticed half of them also clutching Take That merchandise.

Quote: Aldeem @ July 6 2011, 8:14 AM BST

I have a sketch being performed apparently (Movie Hero v Ordinary bloke) but sadly can't make it myself as my other half is going to see Take bleeding That at Wembley and we don't have a babysitter. I guess now it's time, for me to give up, I feel it's time.

Last night's show was, to my eyes very good. I think perhaps they tried to cram in too much after the Real McGuffins (EXCELLENT by the way. If anyone is looking for a show to watch in Edinburgh they could do a lot worse), but that's a minor quibble. Your sketch was certainly one of the best received on the night, so you can feel very pleased with yourself.

I arrived late and left early (goddamn trains) so didn't get to speak to anyone except Lydia and the cast...just wondering if anyone recorded it as I really liked the way they handled my sketch.

Yep. I recorded it and it seems to have come out OK. Some sketches will have the sound of the very loud Gents door over them though unfortunately.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello last night, I didn't know you were there until someone told me you'd just left.

And here is one of my sketches from last night.

It's called Beauty Treatments.

"Your sketch was certainly one of the best received on the night, so you can feel very pleased with yourself"

Oh, that's nice to know. Thanks.