Doctor Who... Page 770

Don't they have commas and fullstops in America?

Apparently not. But they seam to have a lot of capital letters.

Quote: Synaesthesia @ August 5 2011, 2:58 PM BST

I recently got the "Spearhead From Space" "Silurians" and "Inferno" DVD's all from Season 7. Really enjoyed them.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 9 2011, 12:15 PM BST

Just watched Delta and the Bannerman.

There're some fearless bastards on this forum and no mistake. Spearhead, despite being Holmesy never lived up to the novelisation (with fantastic made up illustrations by Chris Achilleos) I read as a child before VHS tapes became available. I bought Inferno last year but had to watch it in three sittings as it's so long and turgid. Make a great two-parter. It does however have one of the best and shortest lived companions - Liz Shaw, played by Caroline John.

My memory of Delta and the Bannermen is not a good one. I wouldn't watch it alone and I wouldn't buy it if it was £1.

Spearhead is ace and Delta and the Bannermen sorely underrated

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2011, 3:05 PM BST

My memory of Delta and the Bannermen is not a good one. I wouldn't watch it alone and I wouldn't buy it if it was £1.

I too wouldn't dream of buying it, but instead borrowed it from library. The scene of the bad guys crouching down awkwardly so they can be hit by little jars of honey falling off a shelf will haunt me for a while.

The nice thing with the DVD's is the 'extra's. I was very interested to hear on the Inferno DVD that Caroline John was actually rather upset by the way Barry Letts treated her! Very interesting!

http://tinyurl.com/3t6peou

Back tonight at seven-ish. A better slot than it's been getting recently. Bit irked there are no two parters for this second half, even the final story is a single episode, which feels odd.

In a move that will please those two oiks Chip & Marc (worst double act ever), Moffat has said that this year has been the series at its most 'arc-heavy', and next year he's going to flip the lever the other way.

Bizarrely, it reminds me of an episode of Red Dwarf. I keep expecting Rimmer to turn up.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2011, 7:45 PM BST

Bizarrely, it reminds me of an episode of Red Dwarf. I keep expecting Rimmer to turn up.

Other than that it was a bit of a mess. Watchable, but a mess. And I hope we don't see River for a bit. She's getting on my nerves now.

What a fantastic episode!

That was an incomprehensible mess

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2011, 7:53 PM BST

I got a bit of that too. I think Ace Rimmer had a bit of a run-in with the Nazis at some point.

There were a couple of "borrowings" from Terminator 2 also.

Quote: sootyj @ August 27 2011, 7:54 PM BST

That was an incomprehensible mess

It certainly wasn't incomprehensible.

As an episode it was okay, not one of the best, but some good bits and fun ideas. Even though it was probably obvious, it was a nice surprise when she regenerated.

Oh, and Rory continues to be brilliant.

On BBC3 right now, they're talking about how they filmed the cornfield scene last month.

Surely this is not the reason the second half of the season was delayed. They were waiting for corn to grow?

Poorly strucutred. It was a dire arc episode, where everything happened to dot the i's from the last series.

And every bit of the story got left like poor old Hitler in a cupboard.

nb Boomtown in series 1 did the Dr evading an assassin by being one step ahead way better.

That said I think the new fighty Rory is a distinct improvement and well on the way to being best companion.

Oh and the mystery character everyone seems to know. Was done so much better by Buffy.