Doctor Who... Page 769

'New'? What do you know that we don't?!?!?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 31 2011, 9:57 PM BST

'New'? What do you know that we don't?!?!?

everything after Peter Davidson im classing as both 'new' and 'shit'

Unimpressed

Quote: Jamey @ July 28 2011, 10:55 PM BST

But I suppose beastiality was fine though.

Can you punctuate this sentence please.

Quote: Marc P @ July 31 2011, 11:51 PM BST

Does this need interrogation? I'm only asking.

Quote: Badge @ July 31 2011, 11:54 PM BST

Does this need interrogation? I'm only asking.

Nobody expects the spanish badge.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 31 2011, 9:52 PM BST

I detest all the 'new' Doctor Who shows with a passion

ive been buying some of the old Tom Baker shows on DVD lately

ok the special effects are SHIIIIIIIIT!! but I still think they are a million times more entertaining than the overblown nonsence of recent years

Eccleston was great. Then it started going downhill, though Tenant had some good episodes. Smith, alas.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 31 2011, 11:58 PM BST

Eccleston was great. ..... Smith, alas...

...has been quite brilliant at times but has been let down by over-indulgence in the showrunner's fantasies. So the stories haven't been that good, but Smith himself has shone (in the main).

Quote: Marc P @ July 31 2011, 11:55 PM BST

Nobody expects the spanish badge.

Only two capital letters short there. You're improving! One day you will decide whether to spell your name with a c or a k.

Quote: Badge @ August 1 2011, 12:04 AM BST

...has been quite brilliant at times but has been let down by over-indulgence in the showrunner's fantasies. So the stories haven't been that good, but Smith himself has shone (in the main).

Quite. Could have been so good if he had behaved more like Troughton than Tenant and if the guff had been omitted.

Quote: Marc P @ July 31 2011, 11:51 PM BST

Despite being told the punctuation is wrong, I still don't know why, education these days, ah well, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 31 2011, 9:58 PM BST

everything after Peter Davidson im classing as both 'new' and 'shit'

Once you can see past Colin Baker's stupid costume, his tenure was not so bad, notwithstanding Bonnie Langford (who came in late, anyway). McCoy's stint also not as bad, second time around (possibly only because it has less ethereal singing/music and sentimental schamltz than current Who).

Quote: Jamey @ August 1 2011, 12:10 AM BST

Despite being told the punctuation is wrong, I still don't know why, education these days, ah well, I'm sure you can figure it out.

I think he must leave it to his editor nowadays. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Badge @ August 1 2011, 12:04 AM BST

Only two capital letters short there. You're improving! One day you will decide whether to spell your name with a c or a k.

I'll just pull the cork!

Quote: Badge @ August 1 2011, 12:12 AM BST

I think he must leave it to his editor nowadays. Whistling nnocently

Yes, lol. They have their work cut out for them. But they are not tailors.

Quote: Jamey @ July 28 2011, 10:55 PM BST

But I suppose beastiality was fine though.

Hey Jamey, don't mind me. Basically you used the 'though' concept twice, and thoughs and howevers etc should be in parenthesis. So it should read

'But, I suppose, bestiality was fine!'

Or

'But bestiality is fine, though, is it?'

Or some such.

Like I say, don't mind me - was just having a wee lend. :)

I recently got the "Spearhead From Space" "Silurians" and "Inferno" DVD's all from Season 7. Really enjoyed them. The show changed tremendously from the final Patrick Troughton days. Probably my favourite full season!

I never cared much for the Eight season and didn't view again until the 'Three Doctors'

New trailer

Just watched Delta and the Bannerman, one of the more infamous Sylvester McCoy serials because it has Ken Dodd and is reputed to be complete shite. It was slightly better than I had anticipated. Dodd is only in the first episode and Bonnie Langford doesn't have much to do, as JNT was trialling a potential new female companion. The plot is pot-holed, and the jaunty incidental music is monstrously inappropriate for the very high death count. The initial special effect of an alien baby, hatching from a silver egg, was brilliant, but alas, it then grew into a human baby dressed in rubbish makeup and costume. The unexpected highlight was seeing Hugh Lloyd (Hancock's old foil), though his role as a cosmically attuned beekeeper was a bit twee and led to a cringing stunt where the baddies are thwarted by jars of honey falling on them. Despite all the crap, it was fun in spirit and better than the worst of New Who. As for the DVD commentary, it really needed someone like Janet Fielding to point out how crap it all was, rather than gushing nostalgia and mutual back-slapping of how 'wonderful' everyone was.