Doctor Who... Page 774

I liked the episode a lot.
There were some terrific bits in there, It tied up a few "made up as we go along" points, and cleverly managed to engineer an escape of sorts with the Amy baby thing as she has managed to have a few years of quality time with Melody.

Maybe it raised a few new questions, but as an episode It was pretrty good IMO

I rather enjoyed this last ep. My expectations for the programme are pretty low these days though...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 27 2011, 5:15 PM BST

In a move that will please (...) Chip & Marc (...) Moffat has said that this year has been the series at its most 'arc-heavy', and next year he's going to flip the lever the other way.

Or to paraphrase: "They told me to stop f**king up the franchise trying to be clever and tell a proper story or I'm out."

The old reset lever. :) Trouble is with Rory and Policewoman there is a lot of baggage still. Tricky one.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 30 2011, 3:30 PM BST

Or to paraphrase: "They told me to stop f**king up the franchise trying to be clever and tell a proper story or I'm out."

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly it.

The trouble is, that is exactly it, so your sarcasm is misplaced.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 30 2011, 6:12 PM BST

The trouble is, that is exactly it, so your sarcasm is misplaced.

The trouble is, nether of us have a clue, so there's little point either of us pretending we're right.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 30 2011, 3:30 PM BST

"They told me to stop f**king up the franchise trying to be clever and tell a proper story..."

What is the franchise without originality though? 50 year old concepts?

I fancy watching a few Old Who episodes, if you can get them on YouTube.

Maybe the Caves of Androzani, unless that's the one with the Mini Master, in which case I did see it.

Any recommendations? Especially Mckoy ones?

And what are the best post Baker Cyberman or Dalek Episodes?

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 30 2011, 6:35 PM BST

What is the franchise without originality though? 50 year old concepts?

You do realise you can have both originality and good storytelling? And I'm not sure this current series is that original as I haven't been genuinely surprised once yet.

What is your favourite series of New Who Chip?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 30 2011, 11:00 PM BST

I fancy watching a few Old Who episodes, if you can get them on YouTube.

Maybe the Caves of Androzani, unless that's the one with the Mini Master, in which case I did see it.

Any recommendations? Especially Mckoy ones?

And what are the best post Baker Cyberman or Dalek Episodes?

The mini master story id planet of fire. which comes just before Androzani

Earhshock. Is the only post baker cyberman story worth watching.

Rememberance of the Daleks is a good one, and the best McCoy story to start with. But be carfull with Mccoy. Some of his stories are very good. But some rank alongside the worst ever. Dont watch his cyberman story Silver nemesis. It is dire

Damn, I saw Earthshock before I stopped watching old Who regularly.
I'll go for Remembrance, is that the school one? I think I saw one of the episodes.
Doesn't Davros come back again somewhere?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 30 2011, 11:31 PM BST

What is your favourite series of New Who Chip?

I'm not sure any have really gelled in the way a great series should (such as West Wing season 4, Buffy 2 or 3, BSG 2 etc) but earlier series seemed to contain more stand out episodes.

When I had a look back the episodes, I think I went for Donnas series, just over Martha's one. but I preffered Rose as a companion to either of them.

Poor Freema, the only proper actress gets outshone by a Singer & a Comedian.