Status report Page 3,743

I'm clearing stuff from the garage and loft, which have become quite stodged.

I've been learning about stress/anixety on my OU course and CT is certainly seen as more useful than pills. I can't imagine that restructuring your thought processes is an easy task though. Hence, the dishing out of pills.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:36 AM BST

Chip's just had a skip delivered but rather than fill it would rather go back to bed. Yet he knows if he turns his back on it, even for a minute, the neighbours will be piling their junk into it.

You're prostitute murdering is totally out of control.

Quote: Ben @ May 28 2011, 10:41 AM BST

I've been learning about stress/anixety on my OU course and CT is certainly seen as more useful than pills. I can't imagine that restructuring your thought processes is an easy task though. Hence, the dishing out of pills.

I find a good sized rounders bat achieves a simiar result.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:41 AM BST

Is that girl still writing a diary up there, it's time you told her the second world war was over.

Time for some crumpets.

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 10:41 AM BST

You're prostitute murdering is totally out of control.

:D I do have a soft spot for dim murderers who put their victims in the wheelie bin outside their house for the binmen to take away. Then seem surprised when they get caught.

My binmen would probably just slap a sticker on the coprse saying it was in the wrong wheelie bin.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:45 AM BST

:D I do have a soft spot for dim murderers who put their victims in the wheelie bin outside their house for the binmen to take away. Then seem surprised when they get caught.

Sensible ones get a skip eh?

Stick the bodies at the bottom and let the neighbours bury them with their crap.

Quote: Timbo @ May 28 2011, 10:51 AM BST

My binmen would probably just slap a sticker on the coprse saying it was in the wrong wheelie bin.

And a fine most likely.

Quote: Ben @ May 28 2011, 10:45 AM BST

Time for murdering some crumpet.

It's that kinda thinking that's making poor Chip rent a skip

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 10:27 AM BST

Nothing wrong with that as long as you enjoy yourself.

Not meant to sound like a silly question but is Timbo stressed? Stress can do bizarre things to the mind. And GPs do take it seriously. Lack of sleep, loss of appetite (sp?), loss of interest in things generally - all signs of stress. Worthwhile talking to someone and they won't automatically throw tablets at you.
As Ben says CBT is worth considering as its the way that you deal with things that isn't working when you're stressed.

Sensible advice KLRiley, monitor your mood.

But poor sleep patterns are a pretty strong indicator of stress/depression and just treating that can improve your mood greatly.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 28 2011, 10:56 AM BST

Not meant to sound like a silly question but is Timbo stressed?

I suspect the anxiety is causing me to generate my own stress, but there is doubtless a feedback loop going on. I shall pop along to see the quack after the bank holiday.

It is all very tiresome.

Is this about the car business?

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 11:31 AM BST

?

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 11:31 AM BST

It is not the main cause of anxiety, but I am wondering if that may have been a trigger, as I was pootling along quite happily before that. At the moment I seem mostly to be worrying about work - so you can imagine how annoyed with myself I am about that!

Anyway enough of this shit. I do not want to talk myself into being ill, and I still have plenty of good things happening in my life if I don't allow myself to become defeated.

Thanks for listening guys.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:41 AM BST

Make sure you don't chuck anything that might be worth some money!
I do love going through a loft.

Quote: zooo @ May 28 2011, 11:50 AM BST

Make sure you don't chuck anything that might be worth some money!
I do love going through a loft.

...Your not allowed in the loft surely?