Status report Page 3,742

Quote: billwill @ May 27 2011, 9:57 PM BST

Send him/her: "If you have forgotten such an important piece of work, why do you assume that I will have remembered that you have done it. You will have to do it again!"

Exactly.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 27 2011, 10:02 PM BST

Coffee is rank.

Other then fear and booze it all that is in my blood stream.

No heroin these days?

Trying to watch Louis Theroux on iPlayer for the second time. Let's hope my connection doesn't bugger up again.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 27 2011, 10:14 PM BST

No heroin these days?

Been clean for a little while.

Quote: Ben @ May 27 2011, 10:31 PM BST

Trying to watch Louis Theroux on iPlayer for the second time. Let's hope my connection doesn't bugger up again.

what's he doing now?

Quote: Gavin @ May 27 2011, 9:40 PM BST

Tuesday.

I don't understand this modern comedy.

Quote: billwill @ May 27 2011, 9:57 PM BST

Send him/her: "If you have forgotten such an important piece of work, why do you assume that I will have remembered that you have done it. You will have to do it again!"

I wasn't there but as far as I know the student was. I'm just naffed off at the dependency angle. I have told a few of them that I'm not their parent and they have to learn to be responsible for their own actions. The student will have all the pieces of work marked by now if they have done it. All they have to do is look in whatever folder they keep the work in. I was off sick for most of last time so a colleague has done the collation of mark. I will have to travel into London to access the records which I can't get on the home pc because of a wonky connection/interface.
Actually they are damn lucky. Because I'm been so illness prone this year they have been given massive latitude to get the work done. Usually it should have been done and dusted by Christmas. Effectively they've had another six months.

Timbo has had a sleepless night worrying about things that he knows he can do nothing about, which are not worth worrying about anyway, and which he is perfectly capable of dealing with should they happen. Timbo is starting to think he may be going a bit crackers.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you enjoy yourself.

IfI am losing my mind then less neuroses and more mania would be preferable. Why do I never get the fun mental illnesses?

Have you considered cognitive therapy, Timbo?

Chip's just had a skip delivered but rather than fill it would rather go back to bed. Yet he knows if he turns his back on it, even for a minute, the neighbours will be piling their junk into it.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:36 AM BST

Chip's just had a skip delivered but rather than fill it would rather go back to bed. Yet he knows if he turns his back on it, even for a minute, the neighbours will be piling their junk into it.

Filth!

Doing some work about the house, Chip?

Quote: Ben @ May 28 2011, 10:31 AM BST

Have you considered cognitive therapy, Timbo?

I had been thinking of looking into something called Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy; I might make some enquiries today. Looks like it might offer a more long term solution than happy pills.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 10:36 AM BST

It not easy to find somewhere to dispose of bodies you know.