Status report Page 3,747

Quote: Timbo @ May 28 2011, 11:26 PM BST

*worries that only Newsrevue stands in the way of sootyj going Columbine.

Don't write for them anymore...

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 11:27 PM BST

Don't write for them anymore...

SWAT!!!!

Quote: Will Cam @ May 28 2011, 11:11 PM BST

That's ok Jo, we all get sick of Nat Wicks every now and again :P

Nat always gets her revenge. Be afraid.

Cheers, Sooty. He was very important to me though. Sometimes he tells me that I'm important to him, and has said some lovely, out of character things to me but it's not enough.

I'd love to say 'I deserve better', (oh look, I just did) but find it very hard to believe that. The more time I spend emotionally invested in someone who continues to make me feel insignificant, the less able I will be to build any kind of self esteem. Vicious circle I spose.

Was he a boyfriend?

Quote: JoLaw @ May 28 2011, 11:07 PM BST

I'm feeling very sad tonight.

I've decided to finally cut somebody out of my life who lately has been a massive drain on my emotional strength and self esteem.

It's giving up on things ever being the way they were or could have been. Moving forward would be good, if I thought I had anything positive to move towards.

By the sound of it you are opening yourself up to positive opportunities which you would be denying yourself otherwise.

worst. chatup. line. ever.

worst. chatup. line. ever.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 28 2011, 11:39 PM BST

The more time I spend emotionally invested in someone who continues to make me feel insignificant, the less able I will be to build any kind of self esteem. Vicious circle I spose.

He sounds like a cock. :(
So you made the right choice.

Cheers, Sooty. He was very important to me though. Sometimes he tells me that I'm important to him, and has said some lovely, out of character things to me but it's not enough.

I'd love to say 'I deserve better', (oh look, I just did) but find it very hard to believe that. The more time I spend emotionally invested in someone who continues to make me feel insignificant, the less able I will be to build any kind of self esteem. Vicious circle I spose.

http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/jeremykyle/

Chip wishes he had a shotgun so he could go outside and guard his skip all night.

Some of us menfolk are extremely emotionally shallow by nature. I speak here from experience. I need very little emotional support from anyone (a fact, not a boast) so I sometimes struggle to understand why people need emotional support from me. This can manifest itself as not caring. My wife has to put up with this side of my character but it forms part of who I am and gives advantages in other areas (I am extremely rational, calm in any crisis etc. as my emotional stuntedness keeps me in control). F**k me, I've rambled. I hope whatever outcome is best for you happens.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 11:46 PM BST

Chip wishes he had a shotgun so he could go outside and guard his skip all night.

are other serial killers putting dead whores in it

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 11:40 PM BST

Was he a boyfriend?

No, but we were more than friends. We started sleeping together just. before he was leaving and then went back to being friends but we both still had stronger feelings and it was complicated and horrible.

He's always told me that he appreciates my support and that I mean a lot to him, but he treats me like the bottom priority because he takes me for granted. Very long, boring story but it's pretty much left me feeling like shit and I doubt he cares.

I pulled him up on it once, told him I'd frequently gone out of my way for him and didn't ask for much back. He replied saying he appreciated me and to tell him what I needed and he'd do it. Even the most emotionally backwards person (which he is) would recognise that not replying to text messages is going to piss someone off. He would reply to other people, he doesn't bother with me because he doesn't think he has to.

And while I have rambled, I have also deleted a lot. Be grateful!

Quote: Will Cam @ May 28 2011, 11:50 PM BST

Some of us menfolk are extremely emotionally shallow by nature. I speak here from experience. I need very little emotional support from anyone (a fact, not a boast) so I sometimes struggle to understand why people need emotional support from me. This can manifest itself as not caring. My wife has to put up with this side of my character but it forms part of who I am and gives advantages in other areas (I am extremely rational, calm in any crisis etc. as my emotional stuntedness keeps me in control). F**k me, I've rambled. I hope whatever outcome is best for you happens.

That sounds a lot like him. If we'd been in a proper relationship rather than the 'almost bit not quite, maybe later' situation I wouldn't need him to demonstrate that he cares. He has needed emotional support before (training for the Marines, very intense) and I've always been willing to be there for him. On balance, replying to the odd text message wouldn't hurt.

It's such a head f**k. I hate that he lurches from lots of communication and being sweet, to just blanking me. It always leaves me wondering what I've done or where I stand. Maybe it's about him more than me? At least there's a chance he'll get shot...

Quote: JoLaw @ May 29 2011, 12:43 AM BST

No, but we were more than friends. We started sleeping together just. before he was leaving and then went back to being friends but we both still had stronger feelings and it was complicated and horrible.

He's always told me that he appreciates my support and that I mean a lot to him, but he treats me like the bottom priority because he takes me for granted. Very long, boring story but it's pretty much left me feeling like shit and I doubt he cares.

I pulled him up on it once, told him I'd frequently gone out of my way for him and didn't ask for much back. He replied saying he appreciated me and to tell him what I needed and he'd do it. Even the most emotionally backwards person (which he is) would recognise that not replying to text messages is going to piss someone off. He would reply to other people, he doesn't bother with me because he doesn't think he has to.

And while I have rambled, I have also deleted a lot. Be grateful!

That sounds a lot like him. If we'd been in a proper relationship rather than the 'almost bit not quite, maybe later' situation I wouldn't need him to demonstrate that he cares. He has needed emotional support before (training for the Marines, very intense) and I've always been willing to be there for him. On balance, replying to the odd text message wouldn't hurt.

It's such a head f**k. I hate that he lurches from lots of communication and being sweet, to just blanking me. It always leaves me wondering what I've done or where I stand. Maybe it's about him more than me? At least there's a chance he'll get shot...

Sounds very much like he is playing emotional head games with you. Don't wonder where you stand, look at your feet and tell him to f**k off. He knows what he is doing probably.

Quote: Will Cam @ May 28 2011, 11:50 PM BST

WILLCAM WALKS INTO THE KITCHEN (IN BRACES, FLAT CAP AND COLLARLESS SHIRT)
THE HOUSE HAS COLLAPSED AND HIS WIFE IS TRAPPED UNDER A ROOFING BEAM

wIFE
Hello Will

WILL
Hello wife, where's ma tea?

WIFEIt's almost ready dear, but I've been delayed because Al Quaeda dropped an atom bottom town on Random_Northern Town.

WILL
Excuses, excuses woman. I don' need emotional bloody emotional support, I need mah bloody faggots in onion gravy.

WIFE
Oh Will don't shout at me. I've been ever so depressed since our children were vapurised.

WILL
Aye these things happen.

WIFE
And your wippet.

WILL
Not Swifty Sootyj! I..I..I'm, off down the pub.

WIFE
Pub's been vapourised.

WILL STANDS AND CRYS LIKE A BIG GIRL'S BLOUSE.

To add to Riley's woes - which are many and manifold - Riley now appears to have a bug.