30 Rock Page 5

Quote: chipolata @ November 23, 2007, 9:49 AM

I find Tracey one of the least funny aspects of the show - to me what makes it work is the interplay between Lemon and Jack. Although the nerdy door guy is very good.

I like Tracey, for me its the show writers that so far have been the least funny as they havent really been given anything to do; but then I suppose US series have so many episodes that theres plenty of time to expand their characters over a series or two.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 23, 2007, 12:57 PM

If you have the 'Five U.S.' channel on sky or digital or whatever, its always repeated on there on a Sunday at about half seven, thats when I watch it.

Cheers. :)

Sorry if i'm repeating anyone but only skimmed the thread:
One of the writers of this is a very talented young dude called Donald Glover; a writer and actor for the frankly hilarious internet sketch troupe caled Derrick Comedy. If you haven't watched any of their stuff, I urge you to check it out. It's what inspired me to want to write sketches for the net. You can find them all on Youtube. May I recommend Spelling Bee for a first time viewer, very funny :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 23, 2007, 12:59 PM

I like Tracey, for me its the show writers that so far have been the least funny as they havent really been given anything to do; but then I suppose US series have so many episodes that theres plenty of time to expand their characters over a series or two.

I don't dislike Tracey, just to me he's not my main reason for watching. I tend to agree on some of the writers, though. Some do seem underwritten and slightly pointless...although not nearly as underwritten and pointless as the writers in Anually Retentive. The writers in that are more like cardboard cut outs.

And you're right, there's plenty of time to develop the writers over a long American series.

Quote: chipolata @ November 28, 2007, 10:07 AM

And you're right, there's plenty of time to develop the writers over a long American series.

Sorry to disagree with myself, but 30 Rock doesn't stand a cat in hells chance of becoming a long-running series. In fact, I suspect it'll end up having fewer episodes than Arrested Development before its inevitably cancelled due to poor ratings.

I've yet to be disappointed by this sitcom, really enjoying it. Tina Fay is quite hot too! I think there is plenty the can do with it.

After wanting to watch this for a while I've finally got hold of it and have watched the first 9 episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. It's one of those shows where it's easy to watch multiple episodes in one sitting. (Then again, most are for me)

While I don't think it quite touches on the depth of something like Arrested Development (note: remember I've only seen the first 9 episodes as of this post) it's still quality, plus the star wars references are always good for the geek factor, like in Spaced.

I drink Snapple, and I LOVE it! ;P

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 29, 2007, 4:05 PM

Tina Fay is quite hot too!

Agreed. :)

Yep, I'm also in agreement with you two over Tina Fay.

By the way, I need some help. I was watching tonight's episode, and during the last set of adverts, one of them gave me an idea for my sitcom. Unfortunately, as my phone went off a couple of seconds later, I forgot the idea. So, what I want to know is, is there any way that I could watch that last lot of adverts again, e.g. on the channel 5 website? I know it was one of the adverts that gave me the idea. I just can't remember it. I'm sure all of the writers on here have had this happen to them before.

You need a TopUp TV box. Pause and rewind TV. :)

It's okay, I remembered the idea about an hour ago. As usual, it wasn't that important. When you forget an idea, your mind plays tricks on you, and convinces you it was one of the greatest ideas you've ever had.

They're repeating 30 Rock on Five US alot earlier now. It used to be 7.30 PM now it's 5.30 in the afternoon. I missed one episode because of this, grr.

Watching the show last night, I couldn't help thinking how cool it would be to be part of a team of writers.

Channel 5 are really messing around with this show, moving it around, taking it off air, etc; and now its in a double bill. Seems like 5 want to get rid of it. Theyve never really given it a proper shot, I mean a ten forty start time is a pretty shitty time slot. Pity, as its great; and makes me wonder if they or anyone else will air series two.

40 Rock is currently on re-runs here in North America. It's my fiancée's favorite show, I think she may have a crush on Jack. Odd crush for a 27 year old woman eh?
I bought her season 1 for Christmas and she's already watching it a second time.

Which one's Jack?