QI U-Turns - Moving back to BBC Two Page 2

I don't recognise that 'analysis' of his performances - and I've looked for it after it's been mentioned in the past. If they're going to replace anyone it'd need to be Fry, sadly.

Alan Davies has never been my favourite comedian but he's good at what he does on QI. The very worst guest is/was Vic Reeves, so far out of his comfort zone it was embarrassing, much like when he was on 8 Out Of 10 Cats or had his own chat show. Good on Shooting Stars, but that's about it.

Quote: Millsy @ March 4 2011, 12:58 PM GMT

Alan Davies has never been my favourite comedian but he's good at what he does on QI. The very worst guest is/was Vic Reeves, so far out of his comfort zone it was embarrassing, much like when he was on 8 Out Of 10 Cats or had his own chat show. Good on Shooting Stars, but that's about it.

:S
I thought Vic really enjoyed himself on QI. You could see he was really passionate about certain subjects, like the pirates, etc.

(And I certainly disagree about replacing Stephen Fry, he's still the best thing about QI in my opinion.) :)

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2011, 12:50 PM GMT

I don't recognise that 'analysis' of his performances - and I've looked for it after it's been mentioned in the past. If they're going to replace anyone it'd need to be Fry, sadly.

I'm not sure about replacing Stephen. After all, who would you replace him with?

It has to be said though that he was not first choice for host - that was Michael Palin, but he did not want to do it.

Vernon Kaye, probably.

Quote: zooo @ March 4 2011, 1:32 PM GMT

Vernon Kaye, probably.

No, not now they are on BBC Two. It will most likely be Jeremy Clarkson or one of the other Top Gear presenters.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 4 2011, 1:13 PM GMT

I'm not sure about replacing Stephen. After all, who would you replace him with?

Quite. But he's the only individual I've remotely tired of.

James May might be interesting!
But not Richard.

Quote: Millsy @ March 4 2011, 12:58 PM GMT

Good on Shooting Stars, but that's about it.

Apart from Bang Bang. And Smell Of. And Big Night Out. And Catterick. And, well, lots of stuff really.

James May could be quite good, but I'm not sure if he'd know quite when to stop waffling on, as interesting as it may be.

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2011, 1:40 PM GMT

James May could be quite good, but I'm not sure if he'd know quite when to stop waffling on, as interesting as it may be.

Aw. He should at least be a guest. (Has he been on before?)

Quote: zooo @ March 4 2011, 1:41 PM GMT

Aw. He should at least be a guest. (Has he been on before?)

May hasn't appeared on QI yet, but he has been on HIGNFY so he has panel game experience.

I agree with not having Hammond on.

You could have the Stig, but he/she might have one or two problems with the format.

:D

I would like to see James May in the panel one day. Or Griff Rhys Jones. or Rowan Atkinson. Or Michael Palin. Or one special episode where they let Michael Palin take Steve's role and Steve himself in the panel. Like it was originally planned to be.

Agree, James May should be on.

Dan