QI U-Turns - Moving back to BBC Two Page 4

I love this show. Even if the guests don't always entertain, it's nice to gain some new knowledge, since I didn't pay much attention in school, lol.

What will they do when they get to Series Z, if they get that far...? :P

Welcome to the forums Bungle.

It is commonly believed that once they get to Series Z the next series will probably cover numbers (Series 0-9 as it were). After that, who knows.

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2011, 1:50 PM BST

I don't recognise that 'analysis' of his performances - and I've looked for it after it's been mentioned in the past. If they're going to replace anyone it'd need to be Fry, sadly.

He absolutely does do that.

But to fair, most of them do it too, now. I Googled "QI Alan Davies", and this was the first episode to pop up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5hiAsop4Ns

All four contestants do a series of mimes in the first six minutes, all to do with a koala.

and it continues in the second part... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O30zPtPNxx8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Dave has ruined QI for me

As ive now seen every frigging episode about 14 times.

The one where Rob Brydon kisses Ben Miller! F**k me.

That's been on so many times I can virtually repeat the whole ep word for word.

Getting back on the Alan Davies subject! I find that he just about ruins the early shows with his 'dumb insolence' act! I personally found him so irritating that I just gave up on QI for a while!

I reckon something must have been said as Alan has toned down the 'act' in recent episodes and it's a far better show (for me) for it! Well, that's my H.Porth worth!

Quote: fasty @ March 4 2011, 6:53 PM BST

I'm dreading S for Stomachs, they'll probably have that Corden idiot on pulling his shirt up. That is his act isn't it? Rolling eyes

Muwahaha. The internet cannot do justice to how much I nearly laughed at that, I certainly gave it a good smiling at.
But I believe that at the moment, he is being used by the police to section off areas near crimes...

A show for stuck up arses who think they are witty and clever - I love it!

Sometimes it's too smart for its own good! The 'fact' that the Earth has more than one Moon is something no Astronomer would recognise officially. The researchers for QI Sometimes don't see the woods for the trees! Eh!!?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 4 2011, 2:13 PM BST

I'm not sure about replacing Stephen. After all, who would you replace him with?

I'd go for Shaun Ryder

Quote: Will Cam @ July 21 2011, 10:18 PM BST

A show for stuck up arses who think they are witty and clever - I love it!

:D

Quote: Synaesthesia @ July 26 2011, 2:18 PM BST

The 'fact' that the Earth has more than one Moon is something no Astronomer would recognise officially.

Perhaps it is true, but the astronomers don't like to admit it? You wouldn't want to be an astronomer and ostracised?

I must admit I'm wary of quiz shows that tend towards 'definitive' answers!
It's a fault that QI suffers from!

To give an example regarding 'Pop Music' one question still causes no end of debate in 'pop' circles: What was the Beatles' first UK No 1? Now I'll bet QI would follow the 'official' answer "From Me To You", but back in 1963 that was seen as the group's second No 1! (Even by the BBC!)

My aplogies for going off topic a bit! It's just that QI answers can be 'dogmatic' with no areas of grey allowed! Mind you, the toning down of Alan Davies has helped the latter shows a lot for me! Hooray!
:D :D

Quote: Bungle @ May 3 2011, 4:40 AM BST

I love this show. Even if the guests don't always entertain, it's nice to gain some new knowledge, since I didn't pay much attention in school, lol.

Here's some more for yer. 'gain some new knowledge' is a tautology. All knowledge you gain is new.

Re: Alan Davies. They didn't choose him as the idiot straight guy for nothing. He's far from being a thoughtful comedian, let alone an intellectual one. I'm also tired of his interventions - or should I say interruptions since, as a poster already pointed out, he usually tries to pinch the gag from the person telling it. I don't think this is malicious, I just think he's a bit slow and unaware.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 28 2011, 3:11 PM BST

Re: Alan Davies. They didn't choose him as the idiot straight guy for nothing. He's far from being a thoughtful comedian, let alone an intellectual one. I'm also tired of his interventions - or should I say interruptions since, as a poster already pointed out, he usually tries to pinch the gag from the person telling it. I don't think this is malicious, I just think he's a bit slow and unaware.

The original idea was for Alan to be head of a "stupid" team and Stephen to be head of a "clever" team with someone else hosting. Michael Palin was to be the first host but he pulled out, meaning Stephen had to host the pilot, and has hosted it ever since.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 28 2011, 4:15 PM BST

The original idea was for Alan to be head of a "stupid" team and Stephen to be head of a "clever" team with someone else hosting. Michael Palin was to be the first host but he pulled out, meaning Stephen had to host the pilot, and has hosted it ever since.

Q. I.

The thing that bothers me the most is Fry's clothes. He is easily the worst dressed man in public life. Every episode brings some heretofore unimaginable eye-raping ensemble, often clashing colour and pattern at the same time. I've seen him wear a striped jacket with a checked shirt and a spotted tie on more than one occasion. He hasn't got a clue.